Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 08:44 AM #1
psychopath psychopath is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Default Pacman vs. Black Superman bet . . . . .

I'm betting 4,000 points for Manny Pacquiao to beat St, Claire. Straight bet no odds . . . . U.D., K.O. or T.K.O it doesn't matter just plain WIN or LOOSE . . . any takers?
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.


Now friends this is my way of having fun . . . I don't care if I lose all my points it's not real money . . . right?
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
psychopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-10-2004, 12:38 PM #2
m00ks m00ks is offline
The Human Keg
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Yo Momma
Age: 33
Posts: 4,618
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 598
m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,336.35
Bank: 7,143,052.64
Total Points: 7,215,388.99
Default

lol who would take St.Clair? I woulnd't bet though, it's like a curse eveyrtime I bet. I lose no matter how sure the win is.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:29 PM #3
psychopath psychopath is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Default

HA. . . HA . . . HA . . . well I know there Pac haters here so they better put their "points" where they mouth and heart is . . . to tell you frankly this is going to be my first bet.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
I have never bet before because I don't gamble. This is the extra feature that I like in this site you can earn points while enjoying posting and you got to play with these points on "FANTASY BETTING".

Hey I firmly believe that St. Claire will give Manny a real hard fight. He is not well known simply because he is not being promoted by a named promoter.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
psychopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 PM #4
Epie2 Epie2 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 379
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Epie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond reputeEpie2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 17,702.80
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,702.80
Default

St Claire is a filler for the Pacman. If Manny takes him lightly, he can spring an upset. I'm for Manny though so no bets.
Epie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:03 PM #5
psychopath psychopath is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epie2
St Claire is a filler for the Pacman. If Manny takes him lightly, he can spring an upset. I'm for Manny though so no bets.

Upset? I agree . . . St Claire is no push over . . . so Manny better prepare well for this one . . . or he can be the next on the upset list of '04. The year is not over yet
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
.
psychopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:42 PM #6
ELPacman ELPacman is offline
LEGENDARY
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,740
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Rep Power: 118
ELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,111,882,010.09
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,111,882,010.09
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua manny money pacquiao - Tha_Greatest money pakyow - sugarsmosley 
Send a message via AIM to ELPacman Send a message via MSN to ELPacman
Default

He better damn well prepare and not consider this guy a pushover or be ****y like when he faced that (no way can spell name) guy that knocked him down in 4th rd after Manny got ****y and careless and let down his guard. Of course Manny came back next Rd to knock him down and out twice. From what I hear this guy has never been KNOCKED DOWN. He's gone the distance with Corrales among many other well knowns. He's a regular sparring partner of Kostya who is a crazy hard hitter. I'm sure he can take a punch well. He's also very crafty and may pose some trouble. I'd take Manny just cause I want him to win though I wouldn't bet on either since it's a hard call. This guy has a chance to get lucky though doesn't have many wins via KO, so I imagine his craftyness has gotten him through tough fights.
ELPacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:50 PM #7
m00ks m00ks is offline
The Human Keg
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Yo Momma
Age: 33
Posts: 4,618
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 598
m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,336.35
Bank: 7,143,052.64
Total Points: 7,215,388.99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPacman
He better damn well prepare and not consider this guy a pushover or be ****y like when he faced that (no way can spell name) guy that knocked him down in 4th rd after Manny got ****y and careless and let down his guard. Of course Manny came back next Rd to knock him down and out twice. From what I hear this guy has never been KNOCKED DOWN. He's gone the distance with Corrales among many other well knowns. He's a regular sparring partner of Kostya who is a crazy hard hitter. I'm sure he can take a punch well. He's also very crafty and may pose some trouble. I'd take Manny just cause I want him to win though I wouldn't bet on either since it's a hard call. This guy has a chance to get lucky though doesn't have many wins via KO, so I imagine his craftyness has gotten him through tough fights.
LoL Yeshimengatov lol close enough

A lot has changed though I think, in trems of style, atatck and defence. Although I think some of vintage Pac will resurface in this fight considering it'll be in front of his home crowd.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:53 AM #8
grayfist grayfist is offline
Just old, not wise
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,683
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34
grayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 60,193.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 60,193.15
Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Default

I haven't seen this St. Clair fella fight, but from what I can see in his record, he has to be an energizer bunny with a durable chin who swarms over his opponents. His KO rate means, to me, that he doesn't have a single power punch, so, he must have KO'd those guys by just wading through (he has to because he's short at 5'4) and swamping them with all the punches he has learned and some he doesn't know. Those are the up-side for him that I can think of.

The down-side is that he doesn't have the puncher's chance.

But the question that nags me is, if he just simply wades in, then he must have been hit so many times in those meetings with Corrales, VHarris and Dorin. Why wasn't any of those fights stopped on the basis of his having been totally outpunched and outclassed? The refs in those fights must have known about his KO record; that he has little chance of a lucky whammy. If not, then those refs must have seen in the course of those fights that St. Clair doesn't carry a puncher's chance. Why did they allow all those fights go the full route? All of 'em love watching a little guy being slaughtered?! Perhaps not.

St. Clair fights off an orthodox stance; southpaws are often the ones called awkward and tough to fight. Is St. Clair an awkward orthodox fighter and difficult to hit? Could it be that even Corrales, VHarris and Dorin had a hard time finding the target? Just asking.

Anyway, yes, Manny would be a fool to take this guy lightly. This St. Clair has lost only to big fellas and all soon-to-be champions when he faced them. In each of those losses, St. Clair gave a good account of himself.

Yet, given all that, it seems to me that St. Clair has but little chance of winning the Pac fight on his own; he could win, but only if Manny lets him.

Manny may not only be dealing with St. Clair; he could also be dealing with himself, fight night. The last one is the bigger danger: Manny could damage his hand if he looks for an early knockout; he could be looking for that fleeting moment when the veteran St. Clair would present an opening while in the meantime allow St. Clair to pile up points; he could be pandering to the hometown crowd and be less focused... lots of things Manny should be wary of...things that Manny can prevent from happenning if he won't let them happen.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
The local fans may also help by not putting too much pressure on their idol; shouting for a knockout or any form of dramatic finish may take Manny out of the zone. After all, although this could be one of the biggest sporting events in recent years in Manila, it should not be forgotten by them that Manny has bigger fish to fry.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

Last edited by grayfist; 10-11-2004 at 01:01 AM.
grayfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:11 AM #9
psychopath psychopath is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,083,132.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfist
I haven't seen this St. Clair fella fight, but from what I can see in his record, he has to be an energizer bunny with a durable chin who swarms over his opponents. His KO rate means, to me, that he doesn't have a single power punch, so, he must have KO'd those guys by just wading through (he has to because he's short at 5'4) and swamping them with all the punches he has learned and some he doesn't know. Those are the up-side for him that I can think of.

The down-side is that he doesn't have the puncher's chance.

But the question that nags me is, if he just simply wades in, then he must have been hit so many times in those meetings with Corrales, VHarris and Dorin. Why wasn't any of those fights stopped on the basis of his having been totally outpunched and outclassed? The refs in those fights must have known about his KO record; that he has little chance of a lucky whammy. If not, then those refs must have seen in the course of those fights that St. Clair doesn't carry a puncher's chance. Why did they allow all those fights go the full route? All of 'em love watching a little guy being slaughtered?! Perhaps not.

St. Clair fights off an orthodox stance; southpaws are often the ones called awkward and tough to fight. Is St. Clair an awkward orthodox fighter and difficult to hit? Could it be that even Corrales, VHarris and Dorin had a hard time finding the target? Just asking.

Anyway, yes, Manny would be a fool to take this guy lightly. This St. Clair has lost only to big fellas and all soon-to-be champions when he faced them. In each of those losses, St. Clair gave a good account of himself.

Yet, given all that, it seems to me that St. Clair has but little chance of winning the Pac fight on his own; he could win, but only if Manny lets him.

Manny may not only be dealing with St. Clair; he could also be dealing with himself, fight night. The last one is the bigger danger: Manny could damage his hand if he looks for an early knockout; he could be looking for that fleeting moment when the veteran St. Clair would present an opening while in the meantime allow St. Clair to pile up points; he could be pandering to the hometown crowd and be less focused... lots of things Manny should be wary of...things that Manny can prevent from happenning if he won't let them happen.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
The local fans may also help by not putting too much pressure on their idol; shouting for a knockout or any form of dramatic finish may take Manny out of the zone. After all, although this could be one of the biggest sporting events in recent years in Manila, it should not be forgotten by them that Manny has bigger fish to fry.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

Bro this will show how mature as a fighter Manny really is . . . loosing that fight because of any distraction will be fatal in his career . . . I hope he realizes that.
psychopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:15 AM #10
grayfist grayfist is offline
Just old, not wise
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,683
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34
grayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond reputegrayfist has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 60,193.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 60,193.15
Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pso_junior
Bro this will show how mature as a fighter Manny really is . . . loosing that fight because of any distraction will be fatal in his career . . . I hope he realizes that.
I share your hope, pal.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
If he doesn't realize that yet, I hope someone would make him...fast.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
As far as maturity goes, he's one of the top ten fighters in the world in many lists, so, he should show maturity. It's an important facet of being P4P...
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

Last edited by grayfist; 10-11-2004 at 07:18 AM.
grayfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.