No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Officially Cleared By UKAD, Charge Withdrawn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
    USADA recently changed its policy because of a false positive involving Nate Diaz citing that their tests have become TOO good at detection and a change to what is or isn't acceptable has to be made.
    I won't be sure until more details come out whether it applies to this case or not, but there is some substance to that. I mean when you're talking about tests that can detect down to 1 picogram / ml levels you're reaching the point at which second hand contact with a substance is detectable (ie handling or eating something that had residue on it from someone who had earlier handled a banned substance) in such circumstances the possible sources for contamination become almost limitless.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Not the 'Bronze-Bomber' Deontay Wilder!

UKAD 365 testing is a joke, they compromise with the guilty ( Tyson and Hughie Fury), and let this repeated offender ( Dillian Whyte) walk. Give me the American athletic commission any day of the week, the BBBofC will let a steroid cheat with bricks kill you in the ring and it wont be known until you are in your grave.
      You think he's the only clean one at world level? None of them are, but i dont blame you wanting to believe it, i used to once.

Comment

So now you can have Banned drugs in your body as long as its a very low amount? I thought this only applied to Clenbuterol. Oscar Rivas had a moral right to know, the BBBofC are blatantly corrupt. This fraud Dillian Shyte will not get away with this in America.
        I think the case was dependent on the fact that he tested clear a few days earlier in combination with the low levels detected... simply having a low level itself doesn't give any information on how much of the drug was initially taken, but having a limited window (ie an earlier date when the fighter tested clean) allows you to calculaite fairly accurately whether the amount taken would be consistent with deliberate dosing or not.

Personally I lean towards a strict zero tolerance policy, with lesser punishments in cases where deliberate use is in question or doubtful (like this one, or in meat contamination cases), but the issue has rightly been mentioned above that as detection accuracy continues to increase so does the potential - at the limits of detectability - for contamination from any number of sources simply by sharing space and equipment with other athletes who might be using such substances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I think the case was dependent on the fact that he tested clear a few days earlier in combination with the low levels detected... simply having a low level itself doesn't give any information on how much of the drug was initially taken, but having a limited window (ie an earlier date when the fighter tested clean) allows you to calculaite fairly accurately whether the amount taken would be consistent with deliberate dosing or not.

Personally I lean towards a strict zero tolerance policy, with lesser punishments in cases where deliberate use is in question or doubtful (like this one, or in meat contamination cases), but the issue has rightly been mentioned above that as detection accuracy continues to increase so does the potential - at the limits of detectability - for contamination from any number of sources simply by sharing space and equipment with other athletes who might be using such substances.
          What a coincidence however, that Dillian is caught again. I cant remember exactly what he was busted for the last time, he claimed it was from a energy drink. I mean you would think a repeated offender would take precaution to not violate the rules again.

I'm not even sure UKAD released the amount of this banned substance found in Dillian, who knows -- I dont trust this guy, especially after the gloves scandal with Rivas.

Comment

What a coincidence however, that Dillian is caught again. I cant remember exactly what he was busted for the last time, he claimed it was from a energy drink. I mean you would think a repeated offender would take precaution to not violate the rules again.

I'm not even sure UKAD released the amount of this banned substance found in Dillian, who knows -- I dont trust this guy, especially after the gloves scandal with Rivas.
            Ha no that's the kicker, I ain't really a fan of Dillian and I'm always gonna be suspicious of a dude that's already got a violation, but in this case it should be possible to determine fairly accurately if he took anything even remotely like a performance enhancing dose... personally I'd hope they release the figures cos it should be fairly easy to calculate the validity of UKADs position if you got Whytes urinary concentrations, but UKAD typically ain't very forthcoming with that sort of information.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-07-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              How is having no random testing more stringent? US only has voluntary VADA and Whyte passed that.
              https://www.******.com/585311-bob-ar...g-for-rematch/

Here's the article for u to read. Don't complain to me if u don't like it, complain to arum or ring

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Why would ‘UK fans’ care so much about Wilder?

When he does something of note that makes people rank him no.1, then I’m sure ‘UK fans’ will be interested

As for now, he’s just a long time contender with a belt, and a long string of worthless names in his resume

Which is a shame, because he looks to have the ability to be the next HW champion, more so than I gave him credit for initially, but he just hasn’t done anything
                Thanks for proving my point. You do care. Enough to try to diminish him as a fighter. "Long time contender" yet he's been the longest reigning Champ. Up until 5mins ago every UK HW were merely contenders. If you think his resume is worthless then maybe you should study boxing a little more. If you werent a casual fan you'd probably recognize more names on his resume. Hardly his fault you're not well versed in boxing.

Looks like he has the ability to be next HW Champ you say... lol. Did you write this 5 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by jondacon View Post
                  Thanks for proving my point. You do care. Enough to try to diminish him as a fighter. "Long time contender" yet he's been the longest reigning Champ. Up until 5mins ago every UK HW were merely contenders. If you think his resume is worthless then maybe you should study boxing a little more. If you werent a casual fan you'd probably recognize more names on his resume. Hardly his fault you're not well versed in boxing.

Looks like he has the ability to be next HW Champ you say... lol. Did you write this 5 years ago?
                  Most of the dribble was personal attacks which don’t form any argument at all. I hope it made you feel better to get it off your chest

But as for the definition of champion, in my view, a title holder is different. Yes Wilder is the World Champion of the WBC. But that is entirely different to World Heavyweight Champion, to which Wilder’s claim is very weak. Only ESPN rank him no.1 currently, out of the entire boxing media - despite being a titleholder for 5 years. And no, that is not proactively ‘diminishing’ him, this is providing a perspective backed up by evidence. Don’t get all snowflakey about it

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Most of the dribble was personal attacks which don’t form any argument at all. I hope it made you feel better to get it off your chest

But as for the definition of champion, in my view, a title holder is different. Yes Wilder is the World Champion of the WBC. But that is entirely different to World Heavyweight Champion, to which Wilder’s claim is very weak. Only ESPN rank him no.1 currently, out of the entire boxing media - despite being a titleholder for 5 years. And no, that is not proactively ‘diminishing’ him, this is providing a perspective backed up by evidence. Don’t get all snowflakey about it
                    If you describe my comment as "personal attacks" then what was your original reply? Had zero bases in fact and was just an emotional retort filled with bias. How exactly was YOUR response form any argument? It doesnt. Hypocrisy at its finest.

And "YOUR view" of a title holder means absolutely NOTHING. You are noone. FACTS are he IS a Champion and NO it isnt entirely different then World HW Champ. Wilder's claim is the strongest seeing to how he never lost his titles and his competition has been the best recently.. not to mention how he finishes fights.

I'm hardly snowflakey about it. Unlike the rest of you, I dont get too emotionally invested in fighters. I'm a boxing fan, not a fan of a certain boxer, promoter, country, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      Great to hear, makes all these fools asking for the B Sample look as stupid as they actually are.
                      Most of those idiots are still calling him a cheat, he will never be innocent in their eyes

Comment

Working...
                      X