Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Boxes Past Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    I predicted this exactly. As long as AJ made it a boring fight, he'd win easily against the Mexican Butterbean. Ruiz is a lazy hombre who doesn't take his craft seriously. Adios amigo - your 15 minutes of fame are done.
    I also said something like this yesterday morning:
    "... taking into account Trample's words (that Ruiz lacked in ambition and determination), I guess that all AJ has to do is to sneak himself into the fight -- get points, make it a bore -- but be careful not to piss off fat Andy at any moment... right?"

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...0#post20235090

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainWalrus View Post
      *Breaking News* Mayweather vs Pacquiao confirmed 2020, Bieber vs Cruise, Masvidal vs Canelo. Wow!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
        Tkt's on sale in January.

Comment

• First, I want to say congratulations to Anthony Joshua and his fans on such a disciplined, motivated and persistent effort.

I must admit that his boxing ability really impressed the hell out of me. He looked like the Heavyweight version of Willie Pep. Andy Ruiz. Jr was well out of his element. He just couldn't find AJ.

This was easily one of Anthony Joshua's most inspiring performances of his career and I couldn't have been more happy and proud of him. It was not only good for the Heavyweight division but for boxing in general.

Boxing loves and needs AJ. So good luck champ as I wish you all the luck and success in your boxing future. Who knows; Hopefully, us boxing fans can inevitably see that showdown between yourself and Deontay Wilder?

Comment

• I'm a fan of Ruiz but I ain't mad at how Joshua played this fight, same way that I'm a Pac fan but wasn't pissed when Mayweather outclassed him the way he did.

I'm mostly disappointed in Ruiz because he could clearly be doing much better. To get this far with a fatty body means he has immense talent and is underperforming. Kind of like how Shaquille O'Neal just got heavier and heavier as his career went on and thus never reached his full potential in spite of being a great player.

Comment

• Originally posted by theaside View Post
              You didn't miss much I'll tell you how it played out.

-AJ ran like a girl the whole fight
              -AJ would hit andy and andy wouldn't move
              -Andy would hit AJ and AJ would flying across the ring about to sht his pants
              -Worst ref I have seen in a while, wouldn't let andy fight inside
              -AJ was booed at his Post Fight interview by the same ppl that cheered him coming in

Here’s a better breakdown..

Joshua jabbed his head off all night, reminiscent of Larry Holmes.
              He also rocked him several times but didn’t rush in, you could see it was killing him not to engage, but he either clinched or moved out at an angle.
              Ruiz was dangerous whenever they were up close, but more or less followed him round the ring not doing much other than being targeted practice for a snapping jab.

Comment

• This was a classic case of a professional athlete who gives his sport 100% and someone who isn't and doesn't, simple as.
                If you prefer to watch a fat guy plod around hoping his opponent forgets his gamelan and gets in range for a game changing shot there's plenty of carpark / back yard bare knuckle fights on YouTube...boxing's not for you.
                A true pro learns from and corrects his mistakes. A 15 minutes of famer expects things to play out the same way and loses his desire when he flukes his way to the top.
                Ruiz should be ashamed of himself, and rlhis coach should walk away with his paycheck and invest his time in fighters who dedicate themselves to the sport.
                This result was a victory for boxing, as it shows the difference between a pro boxer and a half interested puncher.

Comment

• No mas

I hope there is NO third fight between Joshua and Ruiz.

At 283 lbs. Ruiz showed that he really didn't give a fluck about winning that fight last night.

I want to see Wilder and Joshua next....

Comment

• Ruiz lacks discipline to be world champion. While he has natural ability which to build on he chose to instead eat and spent these last 6 months off trying to blow every red cent he made on the first fight. Every news story about him in the last 6 months showed him eating and buying useless things like rolls royces and not training. Even his own team complained he refused to start training until September instead of July like they wanted. There won’t be a third fight and I predict this knucklehead In a few years will be broke working some other fighter’s corner. What a waste. As for Joshua he did what he had to do and proved he has the discipline to be champion. Joshua is the 2nd best heavyweight in the world behind Wilder with Fury being a distant third holding that position by fighting uncompetitive tomato cans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
                      Yea and Wilder isn’t Ruiz short, slow unprepared. Joshua looked like he was worried about getting hit every time.
                      Wilder gives away round after round with super low output. Joshua was worried about getting hit, but thats the exact attitude youd want boxing Wilder dont you think? Deontay has real trouble with good boxers you have to admit and AJ has more power than Fury, he'd have to respect it. Deontay is abit vulnerable himself and has never fought a real puncher, whos young with a comparable reach.

Comment

Working...
                      X