No announcement yet.

The Sweet Science as they say

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sweet Science as they say

Is the art of hitting and not getting hit. But people confuse that definition. In boxing the purpose is to BEAT YOUR OPPONENT UP, and if you’re both still standing at the end of 12 rounds it goes to the judges.

If doesn’t mean your priority is to hit one time and run around avoiding conflict.

I think folks misconstrue that definition and have to remember this is a fight.

They take it a little too far with the whole running hugging and one or two jabs a round thing.

Exactly, I've been trying to say this all night but the AJ defenders keep bringing up Floyd to justify the awful performance by AJ tonight, it's much different what Floyd did to what AJ did.

There's a difference between effective ring movement and running

Comment

Originally posted by theaside View Post
      Exactly, I've been trying to say this all night but the AJ defenders keep bringing up Floyd to justify the awful performance by AJ tonight, it's much different what Floyd did to what AJ did.

No, AJ looked similar to Floyd in there. He won the fight, controlled it.

But the point is that how far will people take the “hit and not get hit” definition?

In boxing the objective is to beat your opponent up, and not get beat up. That’s a better way to put it.

Comment

The purpose is to win the fight. Boxing is a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          The purpose is to win the fight. Boxing is a sport.
          By beating your opponent up.
          That’s how you win.

Or do you not know boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by theaside View Post

Joshua out threw and out landed Ruiz. YDKSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
              By beating your opponent up.
              That’s how you win.

Or do you not know boxing?
              No. In the rules it says nothing about beating your opponent up. Go read them.

Comment

Aj boxed well no doubt but like wilder said he was there to survive and I don't like wilder but he's right there. Every time ruiz exchanged you could see joshua grabbing for dear life, he might get away with "running" around against a fat ruiz whom it takes 5 minutes to change directions, but what when he fights someone fit and someone who will cut off the ring faster? To me this was all bout surviving and I understand him, he has no reason to exchange against someone who is stronger and punches harder but yea would love to see him fight one of the top two either wilder or fury, from what i've just read he will fight Usyk which is rubbish, usyk is a good fighter but he would not be ready so early to fight a HW like joshua.

Comment

And before you ask me Fred, not sure who has a bigger pen1s girth, I would say Joshua if I had to take a guess because wilder is way skinnier

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Joshua out threw and out landed Ruiz. YDKSAB.
                    Not gonna mention how Joshua didn't want to engage? not gonna mention the fact that he got humiliated the first time and came to win on point the second time?
                    Not gonna mention the ref not allowing Ruiz to fight inside, not gonna mention the huge freaking ring lmao that match was a joke

you DKSAB

Comment

Working...
                    X