Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Cowardly or Smart That No Other Title Holder Want To Face Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It definitely undermines the title of "champion". It makes you want to just bring back one title per weight class but that's impossible due to the money involved in having individual sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Everyone such as?

And you still don't get my point. We've heard the same complaint from every fighter they've tried to get, they're being lowballed. Even during the first Salido rematch negotiations. They wanted to give him less money than Martinez. Salido was coming off FOTY, had higher ratings, & put more butts in the seat than Loma. But Loma was guaranteed his 1 mil while Salido was getting less than Martinez. It's the same story from different fighters. Even Arum admitted the offer to Walters was low. I'm just not ready to go with the everybody ducking Loma story because of he was in the same position he wouldn't take that money either.
      Imagine if Sor Rungvisai never took the Gonzalez fight because he was being low balled to fight the p4p #1? Sometimes you just have to man up. I know boxing is a business yada yada yada but lets not forget its the hurt business and sometimes you have to take risks.

ANd you are probably the best poster to ask, what is Gervonta davis and Liam Walsh purse for this weekend? I wonder if Lomas team offered more or around the same??

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Imagine if Sor Rungvisai never took the Gonzalez fight because he was being low balled to fight the p4p #1? Sometimes you just have to man up. I know boxing is a business yada yada yada but lets not forget its the hurt business and sometimes you have to take risks.

ANd you are probably the best poster to ask, what is Gervonta davis and Liam Walsh purse for this weekend? I wonder if Lomas team offered more or around the same??
        I agree with this. Fighting a name guy is not just a payday, it is a career opportunity if you are a real fighter.

Also, business cuts both ways. If you reject an offer, and the other side walks, they don't need you. Are they supposed to pay up out of charity?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

That was a mandatory. If everybody is saying the same thing they can't be lying and Lomachenko 's team is telling the truth.

Lomachenko wouldn't take the money his team is offering other fighters. With the first Walters offer Lomachenko offered a bet that wasn't serious. Instead of offering the bet why not take a cut in purse to make the fight happen? Because he's not gonna fight for that type of money either.

When you're making a million a fight it's easy to sit back and call people scared because they won't fight for money you wouldn't fight for

Comment

It's the unfortunate state of boxing today where champions are allowed to cherry-pick their opponents indefinitely. I can see alternating between a tough fight and a softer touch so long as you are consistent. But to hold a belt hostage so you can continue to fight B-level opposition is not the stuff champions are made from. Step up or step out of the way. I still take issue with sanctioning bodies and the way they rank fighters. It's disgraceful to see how high certain fighters are ranked or how one becomes a mandatory when there is clearly more deserving opponents.

Comment

Working...
            X