Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How would England have fared in Group G instead of USMNT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] POLL: How would England have fared in Group G instead of USMNT?

Do they advance, or do they fail to advance here as well?

I see them losing to Ghana maybe 2-1, possibly drawing with Portugal, and losing maybe 2-0 against Germany. In other words, I don't think they'd have advanced in our group either.
    No, they fail just the same
    77.42%
    Of course, we've got good lads
    22.58%

that's how they would have fared.

Comment

Based on their three performances I wouldn't of favoured them over any.
      Ghana was missing their two best players tonight - The Ghana from the first two games beat them. Possible result against a shaky looking Portugal.
      Germany would of crucified them.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Based on their three performances I wouldn't of favoured them over any.
        Ghana was missing their two best players tonight - The Ghana from the first two games beat them. Possible result against a shaky looking Portugal.
        Germany would of crucified them.
        I agree. I certainly wouldn't have favored them. Portugal was clearly the weakest link so it's possible they could've beaten or drawn with them. Ghana and Germany would've toyed with the lads.

Comment

Italy and Uruguay are far better than everyone in that group except Germany.

Comment

In before biased Brits get their panties in a wad and start ranting and raving about how they'd have advanced too even though they couldn't even score against bum-ass Costa Rica.

Ghana and Portugal would've sparked them the **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              In before biased Brits get their panties in a wad and start ranting and raving about how they'd have advanced too even though they couldn't even score against bum-ass Costa Rica.

Ghana and Portugal would've sparked them the **** out.

The Costa Rica game was a dead rubber. England made 9 changes to their team. It was a training game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Italy and Uruguay are far better than everyone in that group except Germany.
                You lost to both. That doesn't somehow mean you'd therefore beat Ghana or Portugal. "We lost to better teams doe, therefore we can beat teams worse than those"!

This WC has made me a full-on troll. I've never used the emoticon so much in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  The Costa Rica game was a dead rubber. England made 9 changes to their team. It was a training game.
                  They had to make those changes because your squad sucks so much, but whatever you say, "mate."

4th in group D.

Comment

In the end, it all comes down to "bottle", I think. To get through Group G, England would've had to have shown a bigger bottle, or many more bottles or whatever, than they did.

Comment

Working...
                    X