Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worst getting knocked out when winning or get dominated for 12 rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's worst getting knocked out when winning or get dominated for 12 rounds?

So I've been having some dilemma about this, what do you guys think hurts a boxers credibility more,

Getting knocked out though he was up on all the judges scorecards

OR

Get dominated and outclassed for 12 rounds

NOTE: I am not referring to any specific fighters, just the general conseques.

If Maidana had been TKO'd in like the 5th or something against Alexander rather than get wrecked for 12 rounds I imagine it would have tarnished his rep less. This is a highly circumstantial thing.

Comment

Getting Dominated for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        If Maidana had been TKO'd in like the 5th or something against Alexander rather than get wrecked for 12 rounds I imagine it would have tarnished his rep less. This is a highly circumstantial thing.
        Yeah it's a dilemma I've been thinking about and wondering a lot, I really can't seem to lean to one side.

Comment

Getting knocked out in a fight your winning is much better. Getting thrashed for 12 rounds is simply embarrassing.

Comment

Being dominated for 12 rounds means you are absolutely **** and don't belong in the ring. With a KO there is always that "IF" this and that. So, IF he didn't get KOed he would have won on points. With a shutout it's flat out embarrassing.

Comment

Anyone ever YouTube Trinidad vs Wright? I got brain cancer from that. Trinidad should had thrown hook after hook hoping to catch anything after the 6th.
              I would rather get KO'ed no doubt.

Comment

An thanks lads, the majority seem to agree that it's better to get knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                X