Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rewatched pavlik-martinez last night and man...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewatched pavlik-martinez last night and man...

was pavlik drunk in that fight??? he looked horrible,slow uncoordinated and old

I credit that with the Martinez 4 piece,no??

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
      I credit that with the Martinez 4 piece,no??
      true true martinez did light his ass up..but even pavliks face(before sergio beemed him up)looked rough and old

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
        was pavlik drunk in that fight??? he looked horrible,slow uncoordinated and old

Well pavlik was always slow and uncoordinated looking. He just looks worse now because he lost what was once one of his most important attributes, Discipline

Since he lost that, also went out the door was his biggest strengths, including determination and stamina.

Can he gain it back? Yes. Will he? I have no idea, but it will not be easy.

Comment

man i remember one countdown show where we was in a bar plaing darts with friends and they were saying he never drinks..what happened???did the hopkins loss turn him to the bottle??

Comment

The great American white hope.

What a joke he has become.

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
              man i remember one countdown show where we was in a bar plaing darts with friends and they were saying he never drinks..what happened???did the hopkins loss turn him to the bottle??
              No doubt about it.

One of Pavlik's biggest attributes was his aura of invincibility and devastating power. In the Hopkins fight he was emasculated and exposed to a degree that his image was shattered forever.

Guys like Pavlik and Tyson are real fragile in that way because they depend so much on the intimidation factor to invade the minds of opponents pre fight.

Drinking obviously helps Pavlik cope with this shift in perception.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                The great American white hope.

What a joke he has become.
                I like dumping on Pavlik as much as the next guy, but I think he's taken too much unfair criticism tbh.

He lost to Hopkins who is one of the worst spoilers in history and Martinez who is top 3 p4p.

Calling him a joke is a bit much.

Comment

i had a few beers with the ghost prior

Comment

wow i guess pavlik really does take souls...its funny as hell tho listening to jack lowe in the corner telling him to "bend"his knees..lol....

Comment

Working...
                    X