No announcement yet.

Is Blu-Ray a pointless format?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Blu-Ray a pointless format?

I wondered this I have both a Blu-Ray player and a good quality upscale DVD player and on my 1080p 32" TV I see almost no quality improvement, maybe on massive TV's there is noticeable improvement but not on my sized set which I believe is the averaged size in the UK. I just wonder if there was any point in developing Blu-Ray I realise they have extra storage space but is it just another pointless format like mini discs.
    Last edited by Davros?; 12-02-2009, 08:16 AM.

i think blu-ray is made for anti-pircay, well i don't really know for sure but thats what i herd.

Comment

A decent picture is all thats needed.

Even the quality of films shown on TV are just fine.

U get used to Blu Ray then they come out with some new ****. The picture quality in the cinema is never that great. IMO its a rip off.

Comment

Tip, try comparing the Imax scenes in the Dark Knight ON Blu Ray to the same scenes on the DVD version, its unbelievable how good quality it is, i have a 50'' and it looks superb on that. Imax, is the way its going and more and more Blu Rays will support it. In the film, the IMax scenes are the ones in full screen like the opening scene on the roof tops, and when Batman is gliding over Hong Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
          Tip, try comparing the Imax scenes in the Dark Knight ON Blu Ray to the same scenes on the DVD version, its unbelievable how good quality it is, i have a 50'' and it looks superb on that. Imax, is the way its going and more and more Blu Rays will support it. In the film, the IMax scenes are the ones in full screen like the opening scene on the roof tops, and when Batman is gliding over Hong Kong.
          I got Dark Knight on both formats and never really noticed much difference its a little sharper on Blu Ray and that was about it then again i don’t really concentrate that hard, i think it must be more noticeable on bigger screens.

Comment

I believe IMax is a larger film so its probably not much benefit on my 32" screen.

Comment

Working...
            X