No announcement yet.

Prime Winky Wright beats Prime GGG!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Winky Wright beats Prime GGG!

Winky Wright is one of the most under appreciated boxers of his era. This is a guy that rarely got big attention, yet he beat some of the best of his era.

He spanked a prime Shane Mosley in more dominating fashion than Canelo or Pacquiao did (against a past prime Mosley).

He shut Felix Trinidad's offense completely down. Everyone who knew boxing in those days knew that Felix had one of the most lethal offensive styles in boxing.

If Tito were prime today, he would easily be betting favorites over Canelo and Cotto. Tito would KO both of them.

So Winky Wright shutting Tito down was one of the most historical achievements in boxing. I don't think Tito won a round.

He also beatup a young Fernando Vargas only to get robbed on the scorecards. He also absolutely schooled Ike Quartey. A fighter that gave prime De La Hoya all he could handle.

GGG is a good, strong Middleweight with explosive punching power. Winky was a master southpaw boxer that always moved forward behind a piston jab and sometimes impenetrable crab defense.

How well can GGG fight going backwards? GGG's style is based on him moving forward and timing his opponents. That wouldn't work against Winky.

I see Winky beating GGG by keeping the jab in his face, busting him up and keeping him on the defensive.

Red K coming.

Gennady knocks him out in 8.

Reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Red K coming.

Gennady knocks him out in 8.

Reported.
      Haha killing me today.

I agree with op about how great windy was, one of my favs ever. Not sure who wins that fight though.

Comment

Wimpy wasn't invincible, he lost some fights that you'd expect an all time underappreciated great would win.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Haha killing me today.

I agree with op about how great windy was, one of my favs ever. Not sure who wins that fight though.
          Haha I saw some of his fights, GGG catches him though.

Comment

Red K.

And reported to the FBI, no joke. (https://tips.fbi.gov/)

"Thank you for your assistance. Your form has been submitted." I linked them back to this page for mental disorder / possible outlaw / etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              Wimpy wasn't invincible, he lost some fights that you'd expect an all time underappreciated great would win.
              He got robbed out of the taylor and vargas fights. That hopkins fight was close too.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                Red K.

"Thank you for your assistance. Your form has been submitted." I linked them back to this page for mental disorder / possible outlaw / etc.

Comment

Winky was pretty damn good. I'd love to see a prime Winky fight Golovkin. I'd love it if there was anyone as good as him for Golovkin to fight at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    Red K.

LOOOOOOL

Comment

Working...
                    X