No announcement yet.

has wlad beat the number 1 hw yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
    If they fought each other, it would be a huge event. They should just do it. They'd each make $30million for one fight. Easy. I'd fight anyone for that much money.
    You must be kidding with that figure.. that total doubles easy if marketed right globally.... the money to be made for an all brother clash for undisputed strongest boxer in the world would be insane.. brother vs brother for supremacy would get the non boxing fans involved... the entire world would eat it up.. esp. if they thought the brothers were fighting for real & not sparring for a paycheck.

Comment

Wlad beat the No. 1 Heavyweight in 2006, Chris Byrd who have beaten Vitali in 2000.

Comment

What is not to understand about this situation? really?

Comment

Originally posted by jisi View Post
          Wlad beat the No. 1 Heavyweight in 2006, Chris Byrd who have beaten Vitali in 2000.
          Chris Byrd was never the RING champion and he was never rated the #1 contender by the publication.

You guys don't have to keep making stuff up. Neither Klitschko has beaten the reigning RING champ and neither has beaten the #1 ranked RING contender.

Vitali was named RING champ when he beat #3 rated Corrie Sanders. Wlad was named RING champ when he beat #3 rated Ruslan Chagaev (even though his brother Vitali was rated #2 by RING at the time and hadn't lost since he was named RING champ after beating Sanders).

This happened once before -- when Ali (the RING champ) had his boxing license removed and Frazier was named the RING champ when he beat Jimmy Ellis.

Then Ali came back, and he and Frazier fought to determine who was the real champ. They didn't "share" it and keep beating the same mopes over and over again until one retired for good.

I don't know why RING didn't just reinstate Vitali as champ, instead of recognizing Wlad-Chagaev ... that was their mistake.

Now there are two RING champs who haven't lost since they won the honor, and I'd like to see them fight to prove who is really the best.

That's what champions are supposed to do. That's all. Prove who is the best in the ring. It would be one of, if not THE Biggest fight in the sport's long history.
          Last edited by Dubblechin; 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Maybe they should just rename the RING championship..."Oscar's Pick".

What you ferden don't seem to understand is that today's RING is NOTHING like the old RING, which was indeed the top authority on boxing in the world. Today it's just another boxing magazine. I don't even bother getting it. Oscar has enough money without mine.
            Regardless of whether RING is like the old publication or not, Vitali and Wlad are the two best heavyweights on the planet, they hold all the belts, and a fight between them would determine who the undisputed world champion is.

Because Vitali certainly doesn't say Wlad is better than him.

Vitali says before every fight that HIS title is the "same title that was held/worn by Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, etc." ... meaning he believes he's the real champion. He was named RING champ before his brother and hasn't lost since.

You don't think Vitali believes he could kick his younger brother's ass?
            Last edited by Dubblechin; 09-01-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Two brothers shouldn't fight each other for money. I applaud them for having the class to say they definitely won't.

Comment

Anyone with a brother should understand why they won't fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
                  Anyone with a brother should understand why they won't fight each other.

Oh, I understand why they won't fight. Then again, 99.9 percent of people with brothers don't also earn a living by engaging in fistfights. Most fistfighters don't have a problem hitting anyone - their brothers included.

Because those who do punch people in the head for a living -- and are the best in the world at it -- aren't like you and me. Deep down, they are very "hard" people. In order to physically punish people for a living, you have to be.

I also understand how much K2 makes by keeping the belts split and holding twice as many title fights a year by doing so. (Don't for a minute believe that doesn't play just as big a part in this as well -- because the company doesn't have any other million-dollar fighters to carry on once these two leave the stage.)

If we're honest, I'm sure that plays a bigger part than anything else.

I know why they don't fight ... but I still want to see the two best determine who is the real heavyweight champion.

When Vitali is ready to hang them up, I wouldn't be shocked if he asked his brother if he'd be willing to fight him. I think it bothers him (not being able to prove he's the best) moreso than it bothers Wlad.

Vitali was considered the best before he first retired ... and he's never been knocked off since then ... but now everyone just sort of "assumes" his brother is better ... even though Wlad didn't have to beat Vitali to prove it.

I don't think Wlad believes he can beat Vitali.
                  Last edited by Dubblechin; 09-01-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubblechin View Post
                    Chris Byrd was never the RING champion and he was never rated the #1 contender by the publication.

You guys don't have to keep making stuff up. Neither Klitschko has beaten the reigning RING champ and neither has beaten the #1 ranked RING contender.

Vitali was named RING champ when he beat #3 rated Corrie Sanders. Wlad was named RING champ when he beat #3 rated Ruslan Chagaev (even though his brother Vitali was rated #2 by RING at the time and hadn't lost since he was named RING champ after beating Sanders).

This happened once before -- when Ali (the RING champ) had his boxing license removed and Frazier was named the RING champ when he beat Jimmy Ellis.

Then Ali came back, and he and Frazier fought to determine who was the real champ. They didn't "share" it and keep beating the same mopes over and over again until one retired for good.

I don't know why RING didn't just reinstate Vitali as champ, instead of recognizing Wlad-Chagaev ... that was their mistake.

Now there are two RING champs who haven't lost since they won the honor, and I'd like to see them fight to prove who is really the best.

That's what champions are supposed to do. That's all. Prove who is the best in the ring. It would be one of, if not THE Biggest fight in the sport's long history.
                    Byrd was #1 in the RING rankings when Wlad destroyed him the 2nd time, so yes, Wlad has beat the #1 HW. Lies or ignorance, which one is it?

/thread

Comment

Working...
                    X