Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez vs Hatton Bout in Jeopardy Over Court Order?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarez vs Hatton Bout in Jeopardy Over Court Order?

According to multiple reports in Mexico, an order from a United States judge could prevent the March 5 bout between Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Matthew Hatton of England, which is scheduled to happen in Anaheim, California for the vacant WBC junior middleweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

good **** this fight..im tired of undeserving fighters fighting for vacant belts

Comment

who cares. this fight shouldnt' be for a title anyways.

Comment

Move the fight to Mexico or Britain and problem solved. I'm sure this guy might not have any leg to stand on. I think GBP would have their lawyers go over any nook and cranny to make sure they can make a deal

Comment

good....now make rhodes v martirosyan for the title instead.
          hatton can fight senchenko and canelo can fight the winner of the above fight

Comment

They should make the fight between Adrien Broner and Daniel Ponce de León into the main event instead.
            Last edited by MXboxingfan; 02-21-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

in this day and age, i honestly don't see how there is a problem with this being a title fight. Hatton drew n'dou (but really should have won 8 rounds to 4), and has taken all the steps to get a title shot - become european champ, then defend belt, etc.

Alvaraz has shown he is deserving as well.

im not saying a better fight couldn't have, and shouldn't have been made - but i don't have that big of a problem with this fight being for a legit strap.

Comment

Hopefully goldenboy get everything worked out.

Comment

This is BS... Golden Boy will NEVER steal a fighter from another promoter... not in a gizillion years.

I repeat... Golden Boy is not the type of Promoter to use down and dirty tactics (like a bag with $300,000) to entice a fighter to signed with them when there is another promotional contract in place.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.... Golden Boy is not like all other promoters... they are here to clean the sport......... LOL

I hope the fight never happens..... not for the title.... just because I would not like the WBC to get the sanctioning fees.... FK them!!!!!! Greedy bastards!!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    in this day and age, i honestly don't see how there is a problem with this being a title fight. Hatton drew n'dou (but really should have won 8 rounds to 4), and has taken all the steps to get a title shot - become european champ, then defend belt, etc.

Alvaraz has shown he is deserving as well.

im not saying a better fight couldn't have, and shouldn't have been made - but i don't have that big of a problem with this fight being for a legit strap.
                    I suggest you watch those ****phobic remarks (don't ask, don't tell is a reality pal and there have been plenty of gay prize fighters just as there are many gay athletes in all walks of life.)
                    You also need to gain a better understanding as to why Alvarez/ Hatton is an unnecessary event and why titles no longer matter.
                    (By the way...what is a poosie,?)

Oscar did not know Saul had a prior contract?
                    De La probably just thought the othet guy would settle and not sue.
                    No great loss regardless of what happens.
                    De Leon is the true star of that show anyway.
                    Golden Boy and HBO are too close as displayed by Alvarez getting a high profile date that is unearned.

Comment

Working...
                    X