This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    South America football is very different. Much different from the European style the guys you mentioned are used to.
    How so?

Found it interesting how well a lot of the South American teams did last World Cup. Usually you have Argentina and Brazil just doing well but it seems like there are loads of teams from there who are looking strong nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      Whats going on with Argentina? They have Mascherano, Otamendi, Di Maria, Messi, Icardi, Pastore, Aguero, Lanzini, Higuain and Dybala so why are they struggling so badly?

Is it a poor defence overall or is it just purely **** management? Attacking they seem to be seriously dangerous on paper.
      poor management, 3 coach in 17 months. the current coach has not find his winning formation yet.
      and their defence are actually pretty good, they only concede 15 goals second best to brazil at the top.
      they have messi, icardi, dybala and higuain at front but only manage 16 goals the second worst, even venezuela at the bottom manage to score more goals (18)
      Last edited by betmen; 10-08-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        How so?

Found it interesting how well a lot of the South American teams did last World Cup. Usually you have Argentina and Brazil just doing well but it seems like there are loads of teams from there who are looking strong nowadays.
        South American football is much passionate . These guys will do just about anything to win and therefore games can be very physical to the point of being dirty. Guys like Messi who have played their whole professional life in Europe have a hard time adjusting to this style.

In addition Home teams have been known to start games during the hottest hours of the day, all while shutting down the AC to their opponents locker rooms, cutting water, etc.
        Fans find out where the visiting teams hotel is and do everything to prevent them from getting a peaceful sleep.

In short it's a different world. Football is a passion in Europe, while in South America it's life.
        Last edited by JJRod; 10-08-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• **** off Scotland pure ****e

Comment

• Originally posted by jojog88 View Post
            **** off Scotland pure ****e
            Strachan says you lot are too short. You're the smallest team apart from Spain. To be fair to Scotland they don't serve up dross like Spain. Probably the 3rd best team in the world for me, the Scots, behind England and obviously the jewel of European football Iceland.

It must be annoying to look on and see Eric Dier playing for England. Not that he has any Scottish in him but he is fairly tall.

These international teams with their fancy football will get a shock when England turn up with some tall players, in addition to some average sized chaps, and a few short lads. All heights covered.

Perfect height balance England.

Comment

• The best thing about England is that they have no foreign lads playing for them. Diving around the place and ruining football matches with their pin point passes, good first touches, and technical skill.

Gary Cahill is massive. Pure nails. In a fight between him and Messi. Cahill would spark him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                The best thing about England is that they have no foreign lads playing for them. Diving around the place and ruining football matches with their pin point passes, good first touches, and technical skill.

Gary Cahill is massive. Pure nails. In a fight between him and Messi. Cahill would spark him out.
                That Maguire could crack a few skulls too i bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  That Maguire could crack a few skulls too i bet.
                  I do genuinely like that player tbh.

Maguire is quality!

Him and Cahill are so Northern. Gravy coursing through their veins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    I do genuinely like that player tbh.

Maguire is quality!

Him and Cahill are so Northern. Gravy coursing through their veins.
                    Theres a few lads who individually I like. Maguire, Rashford, Alli, Kane, Butland and a few others.

You just know that whenever you put them all together they will turn into complete window lickers though

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Theres a few lads who individually I like. Maguire, Rashford, Alli, Kane, Butland and a few others.

You just know that whenever you put them all together they will turn into complete window lickers though
                      Yeah I like all the ones you've mentioned apart from Alli. I also have a soft spot for Adam Lallana tbh.

I don't really get Alli tbh. His link up play is all so instinctive that I don't think he has a 'picture' or great game intelligence other than working off Harry Kane's positioning.

It is a bit like how I used to play football at Sunday league level tbh.

If I couldn't see a real pass I would be trying to pull off a scoop pass that has to go over 2 defenders heads and pretty much stop dead to reach my target and has about a 0.1% chance of success. I did it because I am not a very good player, tbh. Alli has moments like that but an elite level that makes me think - man, you're never going to be a great player. There is trying things and not really being able to feel a game.

And to be fair Delle Alli scores like a bastard so he does have talent for goal scoring but I think that's negated for England because the games are slow and the space is limited. If he has to play link up I don't think he's got that in him.

That said, I've dropped my new approach to the England team. Delle Alli is what Zidane would have been if he wasn't so bald and French.

Comment

Working...
                      X