Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clegg, dan_cov, Eff Pandas, mlac, StudentOfDaGame, Tom Cruise

hiroto dominated ,

i noticed hiroto went from 4/7 to 1/3. wonder if they are monitoring this thread. lets feed them bs.

any gems you fellas see in here before the line moves?

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

hiroto dominated ,

i noticed hiroto went from 4/7 to 1/3. wonder if they are monitoring this thread. i lets feed them bs.

Nice call.

Right now the main things I'm liking is Canelo, Dmitry Kudryashov & Parker. I got in on Broner when he was +500ish although that line has been cut drastically since then so its not as good a play now. And I got fanboy money on Indongo @ +800.

Hadn't seen the line on BJS vs Monroe & was kinda expecting Monroe to be a bigger dog so I'll probably pass on that one. Or wait & see if the line gets closer to bet on BJS or wider to bet on Monroe cuz I think thats a close fight that just isn't sexy looking enough odds to me either way yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Nice call.

Right now the main things I'm liking is Canelo, Dmitry Kudryashov & Parker. I got in on Broner when he was +500ish although that line has been cut drastically since then so its not as good a play now. And I got fanboy money on Indongo @ +800.

Hadn't seen the line on BJS vs Monroe & was kinda expecting Monroe to be a bigger dog so I'll probably pass on that one. Or wait & see if the line gets closer to bet on BJS or wider to bet on Monroe cuz I think thats a close fight that just isn't sexy looking enough odds to me either way yet.
        i like ggg in that one but havent looked into it deeply

canelo has to fight him in the middle of the ring

hes gonna try to move but hes no jacobs

and i disagree with dans notion that he is great fighting off the ropes - he is no floyd

he is gonna move, taste jabs and take punishment on the ropes

by the time he realises he has to smother ggg and throw combos body and head on the inside he would have already taken too much punishment and will be the more tired of the two

Comment

Havent bet much recently. Tightening up the purse strings to try get on the property ladder in the near(ish) future.

Might have a look through the odds and see if i could have a flutter at anything

Comment

Will probably end up taking Golovkin via stoppage with canelo points as cover.

Also like Parker Via KO @13/5 and a sprinkle on rounds 9-12.

Comment

i like ggg in that one but havent looked into it deeply

canelo has to fight him in the middle of the ring

hes gonna try to move but hes no jacobs

and i disagree with dans notion that he is great fighting off the ropes - he is no floyd

he is gonna move, taste jabs and take punishment on the ropes

by the time he realises he has to smother ggg and throw combos body and head on the inside he would have already taken too much punishment and will be the more tired of the two
              I think Canelo is more elusive & can make GGG pay for his errors & missed punches more than anyone GGG has been in the ring with. I think we are going to see a highly careful & timid GGG for that reason. Kinda like in that Lemeiux fight, but with more fear by GGG on throwing freely cuz they'll be more payback.

Idk about Canelo trying to smother GGG as the only path to victory. I think pushing forward or moving backward Canelo is gonna hit GGG more & get hit less in this fight which is ultimately the number 1 reason I think he wins.

I also feel like Canelo tends to be more appreciated (wink, wink) by judges so if this is close, as I suspect it will be, & if there isn't a KO, as I suspect there won't be, Canelo is gonna sneak away with a decision earned or otherwise.

Comment

hiroto dominated ,

i noticed hiroto went from 4/7 to 1/3. wonder if they are monitoring this thread. lets feed them bs.

Had to get up early and beat the school holiday rush hour so I missed out on it. That's a great bet tbh 1.57 to 1.30 must have been volumes of money coming in.

Rob Brant to beat weight drained Braehmer at 7/4 outright looks crazy value. Good single.

Mayweather, Eubank, Crawford treble @ over 1/2. Big money.

BJS vs Monroe to go the distance.
                Parker vs Hughie to go the distance.

I'll also be putting about a fiver on Jamie Cox to win via headbutt. TKO over Groves. That's not a tip though.

I'm staying clear of Golovkin vs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                  Had to get up early and beat the school holiday rush hour so I missed out on it. That's a great bet tbh 1.57 to 1.30 must have been volumes of money coming in.

Rob Brant to beat weight drained Braehmer at 7/4 outright looks crazy value. Good single.

Mayweather, Eubank, Crawford treble @ over 1/2. Big money.

BJS vs Monroe to go the distance.
                  Parker vs Hughie to go the distance.

I'll also be putting about a fiver on Jamie Cox to win via headbutt. TKO over Groves. That's not a tip though.

I'm staying clear of Golovkin vs Canelo.
                  LOL, but yea at Cox by headbutt.

And I looked at the line on BJS/Monroe going 12 & it was -900(?) or some such nutty sh^t (I suck at converting those 1/10 odds into the US money line) so idk that there is much value there.

I do like Brant to be one of the WBSS QF upsets. I wanna look more into both those guys doe cuz Brant is moving up & Braehmer is moving down to meet up at 168 I believe which makes me a lil unsure of how the natural size of each guy could play into the outcome.
                  \
                  As far as the subject of staying clear of Canelo vs GGG personally I've always been a fan of those 50/50ish fights where one guy pays more & I've done well historically I feel taking the dog (don't keep stats on that aspect of betting, but I should). Plus I legit feel like Canelo should be the real favorite there to so I feel like I'm getting extra value betting on Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    LOL, but yea at Cox by headbutt.

And I looked at the line on BJS/Monroe going 12 & it was -900(?) or some such nutty sh^t (I suck at converting those 1/10 odds into the US money line) so idk that there is much value there.

I do like Brant to be one of the WBSS QF upsets. I wanna look more into both those guys doe cuz Brant is moving up & Braehmer is moving down to meet up at 168 I believe which makes me a lil unsure of how the natural size of each guy could play into the outcome.
                    \
                    As far as the subject of staying clear of Canelo vs GGG personally I've always been a fan of those 50/50ish fights where one guy pays more & I've done well historically I feel taking the dog (don't keep stats on that aspect of betting, but I should). Plus I legit feel like Canelo should be the real favorite there to so I feel like I'm getting extra value betting on Canelo.
                    Holy crap 1/10. I didn't even check but I guess the bookies are expecting it to go the distance. If you can get a good price on Hughie vs Parker then it's worth it, especially for a HW bout.

Watch the Cleverly vs Braehmer fight if you can. No slipping the punches from both everything either flush or half blocked. In the end the old man broke down & quit vs the slightly savier younger man. Add to the fact Jurgen hasn't fought at 168 in over 10 years then the alarm bells start ringing.

Just for the pure fact of Brants USA pedigree I've got to pick him. I've faith in him landing the cleaner effective shots & being better defensively to win it in the judges eyes.

What I must add is that this year I've had a horrible time with fights involving fighters I'm biased towards. This fight involves nobody I have loyalty towards. If anybody knows a bit more about Brant or Braehmer I'd like to very much know.

I do fancy Canelo but I have a soft spot for GGG. He could have done with a few more competitive bouts but so far he's seemed like a machine with unreal power. People thought Jacobs exposed him a little but the 'flash' KD shows the power is real. If Canelo wins then he's the perfect case study of a Boxer improving with age & also learning from defeat.
                    Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 07-23-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I liked Broner when he was around 5/1 but seem I missed the boat there. 3/1 is still nice I guess.
                      I know people aren't high on Broner but I'm not high on either.

Pretty unproven but I think Hughie is a bad style match up for Parker I like him to eek out a decision in that fight.

There is actually not a lot on that does anything for me. Few underdogs with some decent value but nothing there really jumps out at me.

Comment

Working...
                      X