No announcement yet.

My first sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first sparring

So yesterday I sparred for the first time! I'm sorry, there are no videos and I don't really have any questions. I'm just so excited I finally got to this stage I need to share it with you guys. I was with a friend who is slightly more experienced than me (it was his 4th sparring, I believe). I was good at landing long straight punches mostly to the head and I covered myself very well (and slipped, too) when he aimed at my head. However, I was pretty much ****ed when he got too close to me and aimed for my body. All in all, the coach told me he was satisfied with me and that I was doing very good.

I felt as exhausted as perhaps never before afterwards (and we even had to do heavy bag punching!) but I enjoyed it immensely.

Remember sparring is a chance to practice, try things that you are not comfortable with, if it doesn't work, you can work out why. I like to do 30 secs within a round of just slipping and bobbing, throw the odd counter. Don't get all consumed with throwing loads and trying to land more than your opponent. Work both your D as well as your offence

Comment

Working...
    X