No announcement yet.

Fighters that get "rematch" clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters that get "rematch" clause

Why do some fighters seem to get this in their favor, even if there was no clause to begin with, it seems certain fighters just get granted a rematch.

Frampton Cruz comes to mind. Why grant Cruz a rematch? Frampton has so many options right now, why not fight Cruz at a later date.

It's like " o, I was supposed to be the next big thing, I lost" it fuels this narcissist persona of not being able to lose

Wlad-Fury--Fury nearly scored a shutout, why is a rematch so necessary?

I think it slows down the sport, waters down fights and makes boxing boring.

Bradley-pac fought 3 times for god sake.

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    Why do some fighters seem to get this in their favor, even if there was no clause to begin with, it seems certain fighters just get granted a rematch.

Frampton Cruz comes to mind. Why grant Cruz a rematch? Frampton has so many options right now, why not fight Cruz at a later date.

It's like " o, I was supposed to be the next big thing, I lost" it fuels this narcissist persona of not being able to lose

it was in the contract they signed

Comment

The bigger name almost always has a rematch clause in case of an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

For Carl Frampton, what would be a bigger fight?

He and his camp are basically keeping the UK money for themselves and neither Russell Jr or Selby are bigger names than Santa Cruz, nevermind the fact that Leo is still one of the best 126lbers and the first fight was thrilling stuff.

Frampton has the rematch, Russell Jr and Selby have their fight, and you stage a stadium fight in Belfast to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF belts (with Showtime and UK TV very interested in airing the fight).

Didn't see Klitschko-Fury the first time (heard it was a **** fight), but there was literally no way that the near-decade long heavyweight king wasn't going to get a return shot at the crown.

Paquiao-Bradley happened three times, imo, for the simple fact that Arum had jack **** to match the guys with otherwise.

Comment

Mandatory don't get rematch clauses so if a fight goes through purse bid there won't be one. If the sides come to an agreement before it gets there then it can have one or if the fight is totally optional.

Comment

Working...
          X