Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Why do Floyd fans hate GGG so much?" Where does this logic come from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    I'm a Floyd fan but I'm also a fan of GGG. Personally I don't get it. I noticed its not the Floyd fans but rather the HAYMON GROUPIES who have a problem with GGG. Of course all of the Haymon Groupies happen to be Floyd fans.
    What the hell is a Haymon Groupie? Say what you really mean.

Comment

• Not sure if it's that simple. I mean I've watched Golovkin's last three fights and frankly, he's not an exciting fighter to watch. He's skilled, and he has power, just not exciting.

The types of boxers I like to watch are ones that entertain me first, long enough for me to see them get into the ring, where I can watch them handle business. I fear the era of "entertaining" boxers is coming to a close. The UK used to churn them out like mad.

Take someone like Shannon Briggs. I don't think much of him as a fighter. But he's crazy entertaining outside the ring. Like your drunk uncle who goes to the gym and calls out the muscle heads; you just want to see him get owned.

I used to think Deontay Wilder was boring, but then he upped the entertainment game and soundly beat Stiverne. Now I'm a fan despite him not getting a KO.

GGG can't remain a generic, no-name slugger forever. He's got to get a character and stand out from the crowd. Otherwise he'll be stuck in Klitschko land - at the top of the game but still unknown by the general public.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Stopped reading at that point.
        My guess is u stopped reading bcuz u have ADD and have trouble pronouncing words with more than 2 syllables.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Stopped reading at that point.
          Its funny bcuz u nit pick and highlight two words out of the whole post and u base your sad argument on 2 named fighters without taking in the whole of the post. If that is the best u can do then u obviously cannot find any wrong with 99% of my post.

Comment

• I was thinking about this thread during Chocolatito Gonzalez fight his 43 -0 now , and his #3 P4P in the world getting pretty close to Floyd 48 - 0

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Not sure if it's that simple. I mean I've watched Golovkin's last three fights and frankly, he's not an exciting fighter to watch. He's skilled, and he has power, just not exciting.

The types of boxers I like to watch are ones that entertain me first, long enough for me to see them get into the ring, where I can watch them handle business. I fear the era of "entertaining" boxers is coming to a close. The UK used to churn them out like mad.

Take someone like Shannon Briggs. I don't think much of him as a fighter. But he's crazy entertaining outside the ring. Like your drunk uncle who goes to the gym and calls out the muscle heads; you just want to see him get owned.

I used to think Deontay Wilder was boring, but then he upped the entertainment game and soundly beat Stiverne. Now I'm a fan despite him not getting a KO.

GGG can't remain a generic, no-name slugger forever. He's got to get a character and stand out from the crowd. Otherwise he'll be stuck in Klitschko land - at the top of the game but still unknown by the general public.
              "Good Boy", "Big Drama Show", "Mexican Style", dude is adding phrases into the boxing lexicon with his broken English lol. He's Gennady Golovkin, seems very approachable and all smiles outside of the ring, and then turns into GGG inside the ring and destroys his opponent. His shtick is simple, knock out the opponent by any means necessary and keep the KO streak alive.

He's much more entertaining than Wlad and he's fighting on HBO almost all the time, so the casual fans will at some point find out about him if they haven't already.

Comment

Working...
              X