Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "brawl" with Cotto, Mosley and Ortiz because his Legs are getting older?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't call it slugging, but Floyd was a bit more aggressive against both Mosley and Cotto. People tend to look black and white when saying a guy is slowing down. Though Floyd is still quick, I think the quickest Floyd has come and gone and even though hes still in great shape, your reflexes tend to go 1st no matter what. That being said Floyd is still a tough guy to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      agree very much.

why run half way across the ring when you can take one step?

what troubled me in the cotto fight was floyd's tendency to end up on the ropes. that's not where he wanted to get his work in, even if he wasn't necessarily scoring less in those situations. i do think that floyd's legs have slowed markedly in the last few years, but not enough for him be unable to tweak his style, and to compensate with his skills. that won't always be the case.
      Mayweather will continue to spend more and more time against the ropes and could extend his career by doing so. Floyd is capable of becoming a more athletic and conditioned James Toney in his later years. I noticed in the Cotto fight he's even throwing more punches (but switching up the power on them) with his back against the ropes like Toney did. His jab is also of huge benefit. At some point age is going to give him a shocking dose of reality in the form of his first loss. And in spite of all I said before, I suspect it comes sooner rather than later.

Comment

floyd did it for the fans. that's all he cares about.

Comment

Brawlers don't last long in this sport. Brawlers couldn't beat Floyd anyway. Floyd looks to sap your energy, or do damage when he stands center ring. You will never see Floyd brawl like he did when he was younger, or move like he did. He is experienced. He will mix his attack up and out think you.

Comment

When did Floyd really move around a lot I can think of about 3 fights where that was the case, and only one (maybe two) of them did he really make a strong effort to move the whole fight.

Floyd at his best is Floyd that is mixing up what he does and that is usually what he does, just running around limits what he can do~
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 08-12-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Floyd is on the downward slope of his career. His legs are gone and I give him at most 2 more fights before he retires for good or gets beat.

He has an edge over PAC.
              He is 50-50 with canelo
              He gets murked by Martinez.

I'm not saying that Floyd wasnt great but he is declining fast.
              Only floyd fan boys will argue other wise.
              So I'll ask u this? Why has floyd changed his style the last 3 fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Floyd is on the downward slope of his career. His legs are gone and I give him at most 2 more fights before he retires for good or gets beat.

He has an edge over PAC.
                He is 50-50 with canelo
                He gets murked by Martinez.

I'm not saying that Floyd wasnt great but he is declining fast.
                Only floyd fan boys will argue other wise.
                So I'll ask u this? Why has floyd changed his style the last 3 fights?
                I would argue that what you said here is a chicken little assessment~

Is Floyd on the back end of his career sure, if he sticks around he will eventually get beat, but is the sky falling for Floyd that is over reaching~

I would also say his style has not even changed~ to any real degree

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  floyd did it for the fans. that's all he cares about.
                  You stans need to grow up! Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I would argue that what you said here is a chicken little assessment~

Is Floyd on the back end of his career sure, if he sticks around he will eventually get beat, but is the sky falling for Floyd that is over reaching~

I would also say his style has not even changed~ to any real degree
                    I would argue that I never said the sky was falling. And Floyds stle has changed enough to make him very beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      I would argue that I never said the sky was falling. And Floyds stle has changed enough to make him very beatable.

Like I said a chicken little assessment~

Floyd's style is not any different on any real level.

If I was going to put a reason on him getting beat it would be that his style hasn't changed. Him adjusting his style would mean he understands his limitations thus is trying to account for them, that would make him much less likely to lose~

Comment

Working...
                      X