Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else notice how thumbing a swollen eye makes it worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else notice how thumbing a swollen eye makes it worse?

I've seen this over and over- a cutman or trainer pressing down the swollen area with his thumb trying to push the blood out, and this only makes the swelling even bigger.. more emphasized on the area that was thumbed.

The only thing i've seen that keeps the swelling down on an eye is keeping the enswell on it, without irritating the eye, or you cut the swollen area with a razor and let the blood out.

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    I've seen this over and over- a cutman or trainer pressing down the swollen area with his thumb trying to push the blood out, and this only makes the swelling even bigger.. more emphasized on the area that was thumbed.

The only thing i've seen that keeps the swelling down on an eye is keeping the enswell on it, without irritating the eye, or you cut the swollen area with a razor and let the blood out.
    yeah a cold press with no rubbing is the most effective method. rubbing causes more trauma.
    cutting to let the blood out is the worst thing you could possibly do.
    there is a reason that even after the fight the doctors don't cut

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
      yeah a cold press with no rubbing is the most effective method. rubbing causes more trauma.
      cutting to let the blood out is the worst thing you could possibly do.
      there is a reason that even after the fight the doctors don't cut
      The amount of cutmen who don't know how an enswell actually works is startling. Rosado's cutman was making it worse rather than better.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
        The amount of cutmen who don't know how an enswell actually works is startling. Rosado's cutman was making it worse rather than better.
        Exactly 1 round after his trainer thumbed his eye pushing the swelling back, the exact area where he pushed the swelling with his thumb was puffing up.

It's a horrible feeling when you watch a corner ruin a fighter's chances of winning the fight.

It's the same thing when I see a corner massaging a fighters arms and legs and you see them fatiguing when they come out of the corner. When you massage muscles, you're sapping all of the energy out of them.

You can try it yourself. Workout for a little while, then massage your muscles, and then see how weak they feel after you massage them.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-07-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X