Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    The names on Bowe's resume are so bad, you can barely tell what era the guy fought in, Holyfield being the one lone exception.

Early 90s was STACKED: Douglas, Mercer, Holmes, Morrison, Lennox, Bruno, Ruddock, moorer, Tucker, foreman, Tyson,

^^^even an average 90s fighter is gonna end up facing at least one of those guys by Mistake or sheer happenstance, Bowe didn't fight a damn single one! It's insane how he earned all those Holyfield fights without ever digging into the meat of the division.

Yes, His best win is far greater than Vitalis best win. but Vitali's resume #2-#10 absolutely crushes Bowe. So overall it's a toss up IMO

You cannot downgrade Vitalis resume based on what bowe didn't do.Bowe has lost to holyfield and was embarrassed by Golota ,that automatically puts him down a notch lower if anything,forget the belt tossing and not excepting big money fights with guys like Ruddock,thats just a bonus.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

This is why Bowe vs Lewis never happened in 93

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

This is why Bowe vs Lewis never happened in 93

Lewis doesnt need Bowe as stated .At least i hope you are going to do the right thing and Vote Vitali here ,and leave the Lewis b.s out since he not involved in this thread .You talk how Sanders is avoided and Vitali k.od him,his resume is vastly above Bowes ,i would hope this poll doesnt end up like most on here ,putting a clearly lower level fighter over a more accomplished one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Golota gave him problems...Golota. I swear Bowe was a severe chicken who ducked the entire 1990s with the exception of 215 lb holyfield. I wanna see him with, Mercer, Morrison, hell.. why not fight Tyson? Bowe ducked an entire ****ing decade of fighters, so its no surprise to me at all that he ducked Lennox as well...and yes he did duck him...

In evanders own words...Bowe Ducked Lennox
          totally agree with you. bowe had a rep in the ams of bein china chinned so rock newman steered him clear of the biggest punchers in the division . bowe was so overprotected it was ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            totally agree with you. bowe had a rep in the ams of bein china chinned so rock newman steered him clear of the biggest punchers in the division . bowe was so overprotected it was ridiculous
            Lennox just called him "Chicken Bowe" If that's not a stake in the heart for Bowe on this thread I don't know what is?
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-03-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Bowe did fight a fair amount of guys from the time, Donald, Mathis, Dokes, Hyde, Biggs, Cooper, Thomas,Tubbs and Morrison to name a few. He also destroyed Gozalez who many thought had skills...so Holyfield is not the only name on his resume.

Bowe fought better comp than Vitalie. especially if we consider that Vitalie lost to Lewis. While we can't make Bowe better because Vitalie lost, which is illogical, we can say that Holyfield and Lewis were at least borderline atg great fighters.

By the same token, in both cases of Vitalie fighting Lewis and Bowe fighting Holyfield, the fights were bruising, there was no clear cut dominator, and there were losses sustained (Vitalie lost to Lewis and Bowe lost one of the fights). So its a fair statement to say that both men performed at a similar standard when facing the top of the food chain.

Vitalie and Bowe had three common opponents I can think of, marcus rhodes, herbie hyde and Larry Donald. The only difference being that Bowe had a unanimous decision against Donald while Klitsko KOed donald.

I would give the slight edge in comp to Bowe, and the slight edge in dominance over opposition to Klitsko. I think its a toss up. In a match it would go something like the lewis Klit fight... a real battle royal! who knows who would win I don't. I always felt like Vitalie was better than his brother though.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Bowe did fight a fair amount of guys from the time, Donald, Mathis, Dokes, Hyde, Biggs, Cooper, Thomas,Tubbs and Morrison to name a few. He also destroyed Gozalez who many thought had skills...so Holyfield is not the only name on his resume.

Bowe fought better comp than Vitalie. especially if we consider that Vitalie lost to Lewis. While we can't make Bowe better because Vitalie lost, which is illogical, we can say that Holyfield and Lewis were at least borderline atg great fighters.

By the same token, in both cases of Vitalie fighting Lewis and Bowe fighting Holyfield, the fights were bruising, there was no clear cut dominator, and there were losses sustained (Vitalie lost to Lewis and Bowe lost one of the fights). So its a fair statement to say that both men performed at a similar standard when facing the top of the food chain.

Vitalie and Bowe had three common opponents I can think of, marcus rhodes, herbie hyde and Larry Donald. The only difference being that Bowe had a unanimous decision against Donald while Klitsko KOed donald.

I would give the slight edge in comp to Bowe, and the slight edge in dominance over opposition to Klitsko. I think its a toss up. In a match it would go something like the lewis Klit fight... a real battle royal! who knows who would win I don't. I always felt like Vitalie was better than his brother though.

Bowe never fought Morrison...rumor has it he sparred him twice and quit because Bowe couldn't take his body punches and walked out of the ring,this is confirmed by a close friend to the Morrisons on you tube. I don't believe he fought Briggs or Cooper either.
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-03-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

As far as quality opponents Bowe has the better opposition and its not close.
                  As far as measuring ability Bowe is better than Vitali who was a hearty opponent but against the greats Vitali would be an opponent he failed when he stepped up against the only two quality talents he faced.
                  Bowe's three bouts with Evander exceeds anything Vitali accomplished.
                  Being a tough and willing fighters doesn't mean you have greats skills.
                  I don't consider either man an ATG heavy but I think Bowe was the more skilled boxer.
                  To be honest I never thought I'd be commenting on either guy, if Bowe didn't catch Evander the right wayu we'd never consider him. Vitali to me is a marginal talent when you look at the history of heavyweights.

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Bowe never fought Morrison...rumor has it he sparred him twice and quit because Bowe couldn't take his body punches and walked out of the ring,this is confirmed by a close friend to the Morrisons on you tube. I don't believe he fought Briggs or Cooper either.
                    When somone commented that he had avoided the majority of fighters I looked at Wiki because I was suprised, intially that Bowe had that many fights. So you are probably correct. My bad.
                    That would have been Tyrone Biggs.

Comment

If you want to see the difference between Klitschkos, watch the Sam Peter fights (vitali 2008) & (Wladimir 2010) Vitali landed at nearly double the connect percentage as his little brother, basically hitting Peter at will, forcing him to RTD in 8. Wladimir goes10 rounds with him 2 years later.

Vitali was extremely dominant in all his victories, I don't think he has loss 6 honest rounds in his entire 40+ fight career...that has to be a record of some sort. His +- ratio is insanely ridiculous, on a mayweather level, except at heavyweight!

Wladimir has the hof resume but anyone who watched both fight will know Big Bro was far more dominant.

Comment

Working...
                      X