Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Has the Better Wins at Welterweight: Devon Alexander or Robert Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Guerrero. The Maidana that fought Alexander was sluggish and heavy looking at WW.

ok and the berto that fought robert wasnt the same berto, came out tryna fight like broner... we can sit here and make excuses on both ends

at the end of the day maidana and bailey are better names to have on ya resume than aydin? wtf and berto

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong.....

Didn't you say beating Guerrero is the same for May as beating Margarito??? That should hold true for Alexander as well correct???
      No. I was basically getting at what had Margarito done to become career defining win for Floyd??? I think Margarito would have been a solid win at that time, a good one. I think Guerrero would be too. Alexander, I don't know. I think it's an okay win. But nothing more really.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
        ok and the berto that fought robert wasnt the same berto, came out tryna fight like broner... we can sit here and make excuses on both ends

at the end of the day maidana and bailey are better names to have on ya resume than aydin? wtf and berto
        And he still would have beaten the Maidana that fought Alexander. Guerrero wasn't a great fight either, but it's better than Alexander. Because Maidana and Bailey are more recognizable names than Aydin, they're automatically better? I'm looking at their form the night they fought Alexander, which is what is being asked, not name recognition. Bailey was one of the worst WW champs in recent times, Aydin could have beaten him too. Alexander's WW resume is shit.

Comment

How can anybody say Alexander has a better resume?
          He has one win against a JWW and another against a guy who throws like 5 punches a round

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            He has one win against a JWW and another against a guy who throws like 5 punches a round

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
              Because Berto almost got knocked out by 2 Jr welterweights Ortiz and Collazo. Lil do people remember the Berto who picked on junior welterweights as WW champ.

Maidana is Ortizs daddy and would beat collazo. Maidana on his best night is the wrong Jr welterweight to mess with. Devon just caught him on his worse night ever.

And if Bailey lands people go the phuuck nite nite. Again I don't know what the hell was wrong with him throwing 6 punches a round when a KO was his only shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                He has one win against a JWW
                and another against a guy who throws like 5 punches a round
                With that logic Alexander was a Jr welterweight too.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

about the same, berto was coming off long layoff and injury, and aydin..ehhh
                  Maidana was coming up in weight, but that was Alexander's 1st fight at 147 as well, and Bailey ..ehh, but the K.O threat is always there.

Comment

like choosing between two **** sandwiches, you're not gonna like either.

Comment

Anyone looking at their resumes would realize the fact that neither one of them fit the build to be the next guy for Floyd. They still need to prove themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X