Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Smoger had a hand in Devon's Alexander's victory last night !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like sour grapes if ya ask me..Yea Smoger could have not let Alexander hold so much but overall Devon beat the hell outta Maidana plain and simple...

Comment

i dont agreee at all.

first of all i dont think the clinches were all alexanders fault, like max said it can easily happen when you have a lefty and a righty on the inside, or a wild fighter like maidana, or two guys who dont like to fight on the inside.

regardless the clinching didnt have a big effect on the fight at all, devon was too dominant. maidana isnt an inside fighter anyways and his pressure was inneffective, he was slowing down faster than alexander who knows at a higher pace he mightve been knocked out himself.

and dont pretend like the clinching was the only thing smoger ignored, he ignored everything! both fighters were hitting on the break, holding and hitting and maidana was punching low. the clinching should be the least of anyones concern.

Comment

Smoger may have had an off night, but he's still an incredible ref that is known for letting Boxers fight out of the clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          i dont agreee at all.

first of all i dont think the clinches were all alexanders fault, like max said it can easily happen when you have a lefty and a righty on the inside, or a wild fighter like maidana, or two guys who dont like to fight on the inside.

regardless the clinching didnt have a big effect on the fight at all, devon was too dominant. maidana isnt an inside fighter anyways and his pressure was inneffective, he was slowing down faster than alexander who knows at a higher pace he mightve been knocked out himself.

and dont pretend like the clinching was the only thing smoger ignored, he ignored everything! both fighters were hitting on the break, holding and hitting and maidana was punching low. the clinching should be the least of anyones concern.
          Not to mention Maidiana holds and hits. I remember in the Khan fight a lot of people were crying like children because he wasn't permitted to hold and hit.

Comment

If Devon held less he probably could have got a KO victory.

Maidana was hurt badly to the body and if Devon had a little more brains or balls he should have kept pounding him in the gut until he folded.

Comment

as a big fan of smoger, i was pretty disappointed with him last night. i know he lets guys fight on the inside but there was way too much holding from alexander. straight up locking both of maidana's arms and not even 1 warning that i recall

"every man has his price" - ted dibiase...lol jk. *****ty job though

Comment

Devon beat the crap outta Madonna he beat him to the point where Madonna was exhausted from getting beat on!

Comment

yeah he let some holding go early but the fight cleaned up later. And its not like this fight was close...at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I knew someone would bring up this nonsense. Maidiana lost plain and simple. I'm actually surprised he didn't get knocked out, credit to him for surviving.
                    Yeah Devon easily won every single round, I doubt a point deduction would have made a difference considering he dominated the entire fight.

Comment

Early on Smoger was good .... he told them to fight out of their clinches instead of budding in every minute.

but the clinches by Alexander were excessive and it really took Maidana out of his game. Still, Alex did the smart thing since the ref let him do it all night long.

Alexander had a very good performance and I expected him to do better than Maidana at 147 ..... but the holding took away what could have been a much better fight, from a fan standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                      X