Dibella Pulls "Bait & Switch" On St. Patrick's Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibella Pulls "Bait & Switch" On St. Patrick's Day

ANDY LEE PULLED FROM St. PATRICK'S DAY MSG-THEATRE EVENT

THIS IS A COMPLETE SLAP IN THE FACE BY DIBELLA & STEWARD TO THE TICKET BUYERS OF THIS EVENT. The fight was promoted on St. Patrick's Day, and DiBella did not pull the Andy Lee fight until well after the tickets to this event went on sale and most definitely well after the majority of tickets were sold. This is a HORRIBLE "bait and switch" to the event ticket purchaser....buy the tickets for the Irish boxer on St. Patrick's Day and
    then leave the St. Patrick's Day ticket-purchased fan without the Irish boxer as the co-headline, and only with Sergio Martinez, who can't even fill a ballroom with Paul Williams in Atlantic City.

Best of luck to Andy Lee with Felix Sturm in Germany...but your promoter has really disapointed your New York fan base by pulling you after he sold the St. Patrick's day event with your face-plastered across every poster

That is really ****ed up, Peter Quillin is chasing Lee and they don't want any part of him. So it's not like Dibella can say there weren't any quality opponents available. What a waste.

Comment

quillin lee would have been a good fight and definitely made the winner a top contender to fight martinez

Comment

Quillin-Lee would be a great fight, no doubt....If lee beats sturm, then he will be able to bring the strap back to the States/Ireland and have it back in contetnion for the likes of Quillin/Martinez.

As for the running comments, I really dont believe that a majority fighters are running from anyone....a boxer can take only one fight at a time. It's the promoter/manager's job to get the fighter where they want to be.

In this case, hopefully DiBella is performing such a task for Lee, but a fight with Sturm is not yet confirmed.

By the way, what is the refund policy now that one of the headliners is not fighting at the event.

Comment

that would suck if you bought the tickets to see Lee and not Macklin, I agree.

Quillin vs Andy Lee would have been a very dope fight. I knew it was Quillin that was the problem. DiBella has been working on the Sturm fight for some time, that's why Peter was never given a fair chance.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            That is really ****ed up, Peter Quillin is chasing Lee and they don't want any part of him. So it's not like Dibella can say there weren't any quality opponents available. What a waste.
            Fact.Lee like a thief in the night has managed to wriggle his way outta fighting in front off a crowd where he would have huge support against a man with only one regonizable name on his resume to fight a world champion with over 16 defences on his resume infront off a hostile crowd and sometimes shady judges.LEE YOU SCOUNDREL

Comment

Originally posted by mfdaly View Post
              Quillin-Lee would be a great fight, no doubt....If lee beats sturm, then he will be able to bring the strap back to the States/Ireland and have it back in contetnion for the likes of Quillin/Martinez.

As for the running comments, I really dont believe that a majority fighters are running from anyone....a boxer can take only one fight at a time. It's the promoter/manager's job to get the fighter where they want to be.

In this case, hopefully DiBella is performing such a task for Lee, but a fight with Sturm is not yet confirmed.

By the way, what is the refund policy now that one of the headliners is not fighting at the event.
              I dont think there is a refund since the card still goes ahead.

Comment

Lee is going to beat Felix, and get robbed in Germany. That's probably the safest bet. Sturm lost to Macklin and Murray both. Hopefully Lee wins and gets justice. Than, he could fight Martinez, Quillin, Chavez Jr, Pirog, etc.

Comment

I hope someone gets to fight Sturm.

As for DiBella, he just gave a big FU to the New-York based fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mfdaly View Post
                    I hope someone gets to fight Sturm.

As for DiBella, he just gave a big FU to the New-York based fans.
                    Ya it aint right man.Lee was drawing a big crowd maybe the biggest with it being an Irish billing

Comment

Working...
                    X