Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Agree With This? (From Bert Sugar Rankings)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    I agree looking deeper into Maclarnins resume its arguable I'd still put Leonard ahead though.

Leonard beat a top 10 ATG (many have him in top 5) in Duran, and a win over Hearns is greater than a win over Ross or Canzoneri, granted both are probably greater fighters than Hearns but I don't think you'd disagree that Hearns is a tougher fight. I'd go as far as to say Leonard wins over Benitez and Hagler are close to the quality of those wins but not quite there.

Thats just a face value fact and not really putting wins into context. Not all HOFers are equal in fact there is a such a huge range in quality between some HOFers, a win over Ray Robinson is a fair few galaxies apart from a win over Barry McGuigan. Additionally, when is more important to who as you touched on, the fact that atleast 5 of those win over HOF'ers are worthless is proof, Labarba x3, Fields and Leonard are all worthless. There may even be more, I don't know, I don't respect the HOF enough to know all the fighters. Also there are many fighters who aren't in the HOF who are greater than some of those inducted.
    I agree with most of your points but I just personally feel that McLarnin's resume is better.

Ross
    Canzoneri
    Lou Ambers
    Pancho Villa
    Billy Petrolle x2
    Young Corbet 3
    Sammy Mandell x2

Are all good to great wins IMO.

Although Leonard has overwhelming quality and some of those are lower tier HOF'ers I still think it's better than Leonards.

I mean, is it a landslide? God no.

It's close, absolutely, but, I just personally think Mclarin is the greater fighter.

Comment

Working...
    X