Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dos Santos Better Striker Than Arlovski Roy Faced?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dos Santos Better Striker Than Arlovski Roy Faced?

Agree/Disagree?

I say yeah because Arlosvki still was past his best when that happened. I don't know though prime for prime, I think if Arlosvki had a better chin him vs Dos Santos would be a sick sick boxing match.

Comment

Prime AA is easily the better striker, even old AA is a better striker.

Comment

arlovski is the better striker. however cigano is bigger hitter by miles.

Comment

From purely a technical boxing standpoint, I think Arlovski is better. Simply put, Arlovski is a crisp boxer.

Overall though JDS seems like the better striker.

Comment

Arlovski is a better striker than 95% of the Heavyweights. The thing is that he's mentally weak, has a glass chin and folds under pressure. That's why he loses to most top ten HW fighters. If he had a chin and a strong will, no doubt Arlovski would bet top 3 HW and would be almost undefeated.

Cigano on the other hand is a very solid boxer, hits harder and knows how to hunt a man and finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by Junito-Rulez View Post
              Arlovski is a better striker than 95% of the Heavyweights. The thing is that he's mentally weak, has a glass chin and folds under pressure. That's why he loses to most top ten HW fighters. If he had a chin and a strong will, no doubt Arlovski would bet top 3 HW and would be almost undefeated.

Cigano on the other hand is a very solid boxer, hits harder and knows how to hunt a man and finish him.
              Arlovsky would have been a beast had he had a chin.

Comment

Arlovski is fast but he's not technical as people praised him in the past... he got out-struck by Tim Sylvia ffs... TWICE. He recently got out-struck by a bjj fighter... Come on.

Arlovski was one of those fighters that was considered a top fighter when UFC HW's division was very thin. After Pride ended he went downhill, and yes, I'm aware of him beating a bunch of wrestlers/grapplers before facing Fedor and being overhyped to the stratosphere because he was shadow boxing (nothing he threw landed) for 2 minutes in front of Fedor...

MMA fans saying he's a crisp boxer is one thing but in a boxing forum? Come on... Offensively yes but defensively his boxing sucks... He doesn't have a glass jaw that's a myth. The problem is his defensive skills... poor defensive footwork, lack of head movement, keeps his guards down, exposes his chin a lot, predictable combos, etc.

Pezão landed half a dozen of big punches on him in their fight and he didn't went down... He doesn't have a glass chin. He's a heavyweight and let people test his chin a lot so he goes down very often. Simple concept.

But he's not a technical boxer because from what I know defense is the most important part of boxing... and a HW with his defensive skills would get murderer every time he faced a legit opponent in boxing.

Cigano of today would KO Prime Arlovski... Cigano started training boxing less than 4 years ago... Give him few more years and he'll be complete...

He spars with the Brazilian Amateur Boxing Team regularly and would be a member of the 1st team if not for his UFC career. His coach planed on preparing him for the 2012 Olympic games. But I doubt it'll happen now because of his fast rise to the Top. Dana wouldn't allow him.

PS: Cigano's is a protégée of Luís Dórea, the guy that 'created' Acelino "popó" Freitas, Valdemir "Sertão" Pereira and other dozens of PanAmerican medalists and some Olympic medalists...

Comment

Cigano has power and isn't afraid to throw because he hasn't been punished for throwing those looping haymakers. Arlovski on the other hand was knocked out cold in his first professional fight by Viacheslav Datsik, yes the famous "Red Tarzan" Datsik. Arlovski was lucky to enter the sport when he did and receive any recognition.

Comment

Working...
                  X