Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get tired of CONSTANTLY defending the sport of BOXING??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all love the sport here but must admit it is the most poorly organized sport in the entire world.

Comment

Blame that ***** made mother****er floyd mayweather jr. When he was out for 2 years boxing was making a comeback with pac leading the way. Mosley-Margarito, Mosley-Cotto, Cotto-Margarito, Pacquiao-Cotto all happened with not much trouble. Now this phony comes back and stinks the joint up. I hope he retires for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        We all love the sport here but must admit it is the most poorly organized sport in the entire world.
        And it's on it's worst run in recent memory. What was so special about HBO last night? A bunch of mismatches. I understand Timmy needed to get his feet wet on HBO. But why won't they make Angulo step up his comp? He keeps getting free rides on HBO like Berto did. Top fighters fighting top fighters needs to become the norm and not some rare occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          And it's on it's worst run in recent memory. What was so special about HBO last night? A bunch of mismatches. I understand Timmy needed to get his feet wet on HBO. But why won't they make Angulo step up his comp? He keeps getting free rides on HBO like Berto did. Top fighters fighting top fighters needs to become the norm and not some rare occasions.
          That is just the promotional nonsense where they can only fight "these fighters" promoted by whoever.

I am also sick of watching Olympians fight guys I would find at my local gym.

I don't care if they only have a few pro fights there is no reason why they can't face better comp if they have been fighting the world's best amateurs for years already.

Comment

No, because I can't but would actually love to but sadly nobody around here gives too ****s about boxing.

Comment

No... because I know my **** and I usually have a good response. Boxing at its best (a great fight between top fighters) destroys every other sport easy.

I have confidence that it'll eventually get made, Mayweather-Pacquiao is the least of boxing's problems.

Seriously though, there are a lot of changes that need to be made in boxing. Boxing is the best sport, but has the worst infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                That is just the promotional nonsense where they can only fight "these fighters" promoted by whoever.

I am also sick of watching Olympians fight guys I would find at my local gym.

I don't care if they only have a few pro fights there is no reason why they can't face better comp if they have been fighting the world's best amateurs for years already.
                Like that guy with the cowboy hat that Teddy Atlas and people on these forums complain about. His name starts with a D. Not Wilder but the other guy. Watching this dude beat up on overmatched comp the way he does makes me wanna puke.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                  Angulo was about to fight Mayorga before he pulled out of the fight. After that he got put in against Cintron when he'd been sick and looked like a turd moving at iceberg speed.

He got a bounce back fight against an undefeated Yorgey, Angulo eventually knocked out the best version of Joel Julio, and tore former titleholder Alcine a new *******.

That's not a Berto-like run. If it was, most of the guys I mentioned would have been welterweights moving up and Angulo would have already gotten a vacant title (not interim) to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    Blame that ***** made mother****er floyd mayweather jr. When he was out for 2 years boxing was making a comeback with pac leading the way. Mosley-Margarito, Mosley-Cotto, Cotto-Margarito, Pacquiao-Cotto all happened with not much trouble. Now this phony comes back and stinks the joint up. I hope he retires for good.
                    And this is mostly true..obviously minus the insults..

Mayweather has always made it difficult when it comes to someone who challenges him...mainly in recent years tho..

Margarito interupts his interview to call him out and offer him an $8mil pay day from Top Rank for a shot..and he starts stuttering like never before and says that it'll happen in the future..that he needs to build his name up first and gave a handful of other excuses too..WHY?!.

Cotto was up next he retires for 2 years..before that he asks him to become his own boss and generate numbers that MAYWEATHER himself wasn't getting..then he said Cotto lives in Puerto Rico like that had anything to do with the fight not being able to be made..

He comes back to fight JMM asks for NO Olympic style testing..doesn't hesitate on the negotiations and POSTPONES the fight from the original July 18th date to Sept on a supposed "injury"

after that...guess what!..He fights the fighter he dogged a year prior saying he's not gonna fight him because he's got 5 LOSSES and he's only begging for a payday..etc..so instead he waits til this man goes about a year and half inactive and he decides to get in the ring with him pretending to give the fans what we wanted..NO FLOYD!!..WE WANTED MAYWEATHER-MOSLEY YEARS AGO!!..

Now it's time to fight the BIGGEST FIGHT in BOXING HISTORY..Pac came back and obliged to Mayweathers commands of this new Drug Testing Floyd wants all of a sudden..and Mayweather is no where to be found..and once found doesn't want to speak on it because he just fought 2mths ago?!..

****!!...Mayweather is a disappointment..and his manlovers that continue to support him are frauds like him..

It's OK to appreciate his skill and love his style..but when you jock his EVERY DECISION..you're officially a ****...it's ok to disagree with his poor choices...Mayweather could probably SLAP the **** outta your MOMS and you would laugh and walk away with Floyd if you could...

Comment

Originally posted by Eyesolated View Post
                      Out of my circle...I'm the only DIE HARD Boxing fan..you have other casuals...even some who were DIE HARD themselves (from the Tyson, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, etc era) but for obvious reasons fell off..

Now I'm always talking boxing..making analogies, comparisons and even bragging..

but I always seem to get cornered when **** like this Mayweather-Pacquiao comes about..

now everyones looking at me like..why is Mayweather such a *****, he's a coward..and I've been one to brag and claim he beats Pac..not so sure anymore..his claims have made it to ESPN and he's looking like a ***** to the ENTIRE WORLD..and he asks why he isn't respected as a boxer?!..

But that's not the only thing...this tournament is buzzing as well..but why if there's no cuts or injuries are these fighters needing 6 or so months to fight?..by then people lose interest or if they aren't die hard fans they forget about the last fight..I mean is 6 mths really necessary after an 8 week camp and a 45 min fight to recover?..I think 3 mths is enough to keep it moving unless of course there's injuries..

one more thing is..an obvious one..the ones KILLING the sport one fight at a time...THE PROMOTERS...Top Rank and GBP won't let their fighters fight any risks..it's either with each other or they keep it in house..and then they try and justify it with the numbers saying other fighters aren't draws..everyone asks me..how come Cotto has never fought Mayweather..and I tell them because of the issues between Cotto's promoter and Mayweather..and they claim he's scared and it's an excuse not to fight Cotto..these are CASUALS too!!...lol...

and it seems like it's atleast twice a month where they come at me with some inexplicable **** that even I CAN'T STAND about the sport to try and prove why MMA is better or other sanctioned sports..and I have nothing to reply with..because it's true..this sport is now infested with ***** duckers, greedy and ****ty promoters, and 2yr vacations in between bouts..

So am I really the only one?!..I can't be!

Good post! The truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X