Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Professional Training Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with the grants shawn i was wondering, are thye just a bit hard and sting a bit or do they actually bust peoples faces up?? because im looking at some gloves for christmas and heard grants are good but i dont want to kill people in sparring

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
      the grant gloves are my favorite. they pack a punch, like the reyes but not quite as hard, but are more protective of the hand. they have great wrist support and are the best looking gloves imo. only winning are more protective.

haven't tried the ultimate classics, but if they are a step above the ringside imf's then they must be pretty dope. i have the ringside imf's too and they are my go-tos. they are very protective.

i use the grants (16's) for out-of-gym sparring and the imf 18's against guys on my team for in-house sparring. i mix them up on the bags too, but mainly use the imf's. i occassionally mix in amateur gloves to get used to 12oz (mainly the impact).
      You use sparring gloves on the bag...

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
        with the grants shawn i was wondering, are thye just a bit hard and sting a bit or do they actually bust peoples faces up?? because im looking at some gloves for christmas and heard grants are good but i dont want to kill people in sparring
        They are bust people up hard. Very good on your hands, but seriously, I stopped using them in house because I feel bad after. The reyes sparring gloves are much much softer compared to the grants. They are pro sparring gloves for a reason. They would be fine to use if your sparring partners are getting paid for the beating, but not on guys that are in there for free.

Also, the lining is really delicate. I tore the lining in mine a while ago, I can still use them, but you have to be careful putting your hand in so that you don't get your fingers caught in the torn lining.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          You use sparring gloves on the bag...
          yes sir. no one in my gym uses "bag gloves," including luis collazo.

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
            yes sir. no one in my gym uses "bag gloves," including luis collazo.
            yea, training gloves are commonly used on the bag. they aren't just sparring gloves, after all.

btw, what sets of gloves do you see Collazo using?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
              yea, training gloves are commonly used on the bag. they aren't just sparring gloves, after all.

I believe that is irresponsible. Sparring gloves are sparring gloves for a reason. I won't spar with people that use their gloves on the bag. It breaks down the padding, and nullifies any protective benefits it provides.

If you want to use an extra set of "training" gloves as bag gloves, thats fine, but using the same set of gloves for sparring and bag work is irresponsible. Peoples health is at stake.

Comment

I believe that is irresponsible. Sparring gloves are sparring gloves for a reason. I won't spar with people that use their gloves on the bag. It breaks down the padding, and nullifies any protective benefits it provides.

If you want to use an extra set of "training" gloves as bag gloves, thats fine, but using the same set of gloves for sparring and bag work is irresponsible. Peoples health is at stake.
                I'm glad your so worried about peoples health. How about you worry about your own health and get some videos posted where your at the top of your game so you can't make any more excuses?

Comment

They are bust people up hard. Very good on your hands, but seriously, I stopped using them in house because I feel bad after. The reyes sparring gloves are much much softer compared to the grants. They are pro sparring gloves for a reason. They would be fine to use if your sparring partners are getting paid for the beating, but not on guys that are in there for free.

Also, the lining is really delicate. I tore the lining in mine a while ago, I can still use them, but you have to be careful putting your hand in so that you don't get your fingers caught in the torn lining.
                  ****..thanks for that i wont get them then lol

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post

i've seen him use small pro everlast fight gloves, , big imf 18s, winning 16s for sparring, and another bigger pair of everlasts occassionally as well i think.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                      i wouldn't worry. they are not cinderblocks with barbed wire attached on the fists. i use them and have been hit by them. they hit a little harder then most gloves, but if you are using 16s or 18s, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. they are a bit harder than, say everlasts though. i got a bloody nose one time from a kid in grants and have drawn some blood as well, but i have have done the same with imfs before. today i had some blood in my right nostril sparring a guy with everlasts. it happens. it's sparring not patty cake afterall.

Comment

Working...
                      X