No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva "I'm not impressed by GSP."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Anderson Silva "I'm not impressed by GSP."

Anderson Silva dropped a duece on him. It doesn't sound like much but when you think about it, he just said GSP is average, nothing special.

gsp has no one left to fight in his weight,he needs to step up and take on silva,bj penn stepped up and fought gsp who is bigger but its tim for gsp to do the same

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
      gsp has no one left to fight in his weight,he needs to step up and take on silva,bj penn stepped up and fought gsp who is bigger but its tim for gsp to do the same
      He does have a reason to stay though. He's close to shattering Hughes' record and establishing a legacy at WW.

But he will eventually move up. I'd say by next year he'll be making his MW debut, he wouldn't be putting on more weight if a move up wasn't on his agenda.

Comment

GSP already put on like 9lbs of lean muscle, he's bulking up, and I think he poses more of a threat to Silva than anybody else right now....

Comment

Nope. I don't think GSP stands a chance against Silva.

If the Canadian olympic team said GSP still needs years of work to become olympic calibur wrestler. Then what does that mean for him if he faces Silva who impressively beat an Greco-roman olympic wrestler, who is 30x better than GSP at wrestling, has a granite chin as well but was dropped by Silva?

Silva would make GSP look ordinary just like everyone else he has faced. Vitor stands a better chance against Silva than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Nope. I don't think GSP stands a chance against Silva.

If the Canadian olympic team said GSP still needs years of work to become olympic calibur wrestler. Then what does that mean for him if he faces Silva who impressively beat an Greco-roman olympic wrestler, who is 30x better than GSP at wrestling, has a granite chin as well but was dropped by Silva?

Silva would make GSP look ordinary just like everyone else he has faced. Vitor stands a better chance against Silva than anyone else.
            Hendo doesn't have better wrestling than GSP, and that fight wasn't impressive for Silva, he got mauled the entire first round, I don't think GSP would make the same mistake Hendo did in the second round and try and stand with him, I see Silva on his back being controlled like we've seen lesser fighters than GSP do to him before...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Hendo doesn't have better wrestling than GSP, and that fight wasn't impressive for Silva, he got mauled the entire first round, I don't think GSP would make the same mistake Hendo did in the second round and try and stand with him, I see Silva on his back being controlled like we've seen lesser fighters than GSP do to him before...

Dan Henderson Wrestling Credentials:
              United States
              1990 Espoir Nationals champion
              1990 Junior Nationals double champion
              1990-91 U.S. Olympic Festival champion
              1991 & 1993-94 University Nationals champion
              1992 Final Olympic Wrestle-off champion
              1992 Olympic Team Trials champion
              1992 Western Regional Olympic Trials champion
              1993-94 World Team Trials champion
              1993-94 U.S. Nationals champion
              1996 West Regional Olympic Trials champion
              1988 Espoir Nationals (2nd)
              1995 World Team Trials (3rd)
              1991 U.S. Nationals (3rd)
              1992 U.S. Nationals (5th)
              1990 University Nationals (4th)
              1989 Espoir Nationals (5th)
              1996 U.S. Nationals (6th)
              1990 U.S. Nationals (7th)
              International
              1995 Sunkist International Open champion
              1994 World Cup (2nd)
              1994 Pan American Championships (2nd)
              1991 Concord Cup (3rd)
              1995 Pan American Games (3rd)
              1994 German Grand Prix (4th)
              1993 German Grand Prix (7th)
              1992 Olympics (10th)
              1994 U.S. World team member

GSP's wrestling credentials:
              None.

Yeah.... GSP has better wrestling than Hendo(sarcasm). Which is only more evident as the Canadian Olympic Wrestling team said he needed years of work to become Olympic calibur. Yet, Hendo has partaken in the Olympics 2x and has finished 10th in the olympics. I don't mean post this to diss GSP, but Hendo's wrestling > GSP's wrestling. Fans can say one thing but his credentials and Olympic wrestlers won't lie about who's wrestling is better.

You have to get up at some point and it's not like Silva doesn't know how to do things off his back. He still finds his way to his feet. GSP will have to stand up for a little bit, and as we have seen with Hendo, it only takes a split second to get put down against Silva. Hendo doesn't have a soft chin either.

Comment

I'm not impressed by Silva. He has 4 embarrassing losses and he never avenged any of them. He looked like **** against mediocre fighters Cote, Lutter and Leitis.

GSP dominates the strongest division in the UFC. He has a much better resume than Silva and he avenged his 2 fluke losses.

GSP >>> Silva
                Last edited by Ovechkin; 03-16-2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Dan Henderson Wrestling Credentials:
                  United States
                  1990 Espoir Nationals champion
                  1990 Junior Nationals double champion
                  1990-91 U.S. Olympic Festival champion
                  1991 & 1993-94 University Nationals champion
                  1992 Final Olympic Wrestle-off champion
                  1992 Olympic Team Trials champion
                  1992 Western Regional Olympic Trials champion
                  1993-94 World Team Trials champion
                  1993-94 U.S. Nationals champion
                  1996 West Regional Olympic Trials champion
                  1988 Espoir Nationals (2nd)
                  1995 World Team Trials (3rd)
                  1991 U.S. Nationals (3rd)
                  1992 U.S. Nationals (5th)
                  1990 University Nationals (4th)
                  1989 Espoir Nationals (5th)
                  1996 U.S. Nationals (6th)
                  1990 U.S. Nationals (7th)
                  International
                  1995 Sunkist International Open champion
                  1994 World Cup (2nd)
                  1994 Pan American Championships (2nd)
                  1991 Concord Cup (3rd)
                  1995 Pan American Games (3rd)
                  1994 German Grand Prix (4th)
                  1993 German Grand Prix (7th)
                  1992 Olympics (10th)
                  1994 U.S. World team member

GSP's wrestling credentials:
                  None.

Yeah.... GSP has better wrestling than Hendo(sarcasm). Which is only more evident as the Canadian Olympic Wrestling team said he needed years of work to become Olympic calibur. Yet, Hendo has partaken in the Olympics 2x and has finished 10th in the olympics. I don't mean post this to diss GSP, but Hendo's wrestling > GSP's wrestling. Fans can say one thing but his credentials and Olympic wrestlers won't lie about who's wrestling is better.

You have to get up at some point and it's not like Silva doesn't know how to do things off his back. He still finds his way to his feet. GSP will have to stand up for a little bit, and as we have seen with Hendo, it only takes a split second to get put down against Silva. Hendo doesn't have a soft chin either.
                  Look at Kos' credentials. Look at Trigg, Hughes, Fitch, Sherk, all of them have great pedigrees and have been wrestling 20x longer than GSP and still got taken down at will in each of there fights. Hendo's wrestling 10 years ago was better, but now it's not so much. Hendo got cocky, only reason he lost, Lutter or Carlos Newton are not half the wrestlers GSP are and they where able to take Silva down and control him. GSP has far better ground control than both of them. Watch the BJ fight again...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Look at Kos' credentials. Look at Trigg, Hughes, Fitch, Sherk, all of them have great pedigrees and have been wrestling 20x longer than GSP and still got taken down at will in each of there fights. Hendo's wrestling 10 years ago was better, but now it's not so much. Hendo got cocky, only reason he lost, Lutter or Carlos Newton are not half the wrestlers GSP are and they where able to take Silva down and control him. GSP has far better ground control than both of them. Watch the BJ fight again...
                    So your saying GSP's wrestling, a man who never tasted the olympics, is better than a Greco-roman Olympian's wrestling..... that's weird bro. That's like saying Jake Shield's bjj is better than Renzo Gracie's. Facts are Hendo's wrestling is better than GSPs. Hendo also out wrestles all those guys, GSP in the Olympics? I doubt he breaks 10th place. Specially if the Canadian Olympic wrestling team has said GSP still needs some years to get on their level. I believe 10 years was the estimate, but I am not even 50% sure about that so I take it with a grain of salt. Like I said, Fans can say whatever they want but the credentials don't lie, neither would the Canadian Olympic team.

Hendo hardly wrestles in comp. He still likes his power and has a strong chin so he rather bang than wrestle. Doesn't mean his wrestling is behind him. Not when his training camp consists of wrestling with US Olympians.

I never said GSP wouldn't take Silva down either. I said it's not like Silva doesn't know how to do things off his back and GSP still needs to stand up at somepoint. And we all know it only takes a split second against Silva to get put to sleep.

Telling someone to watch BJ fight again to compare it to Silva is kinda low. BJ skill is great but his fight with GSP just shows that size matters. Silva isn't smaller than GSP, he will either be bigger than GSP or he will be same size. Seeing how Silva made Franklin look small, and Franklin is considered a big MW. I doubt GSP dwarfs Silva. GSP's wrestling is good but everyone knows his gameplan and you can't prepare for Silva. So, I got Silva every time against GSP.

Comment

Working...
                    X