2 Monzon
      3 Robinson
      4 Hagler
      5 Hopkins
      Almost the same as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by RED REP View Post
        You're a knowledgeable man.
        The division is stacked. Others that I've seen placed top 10 are Zale, Burley, D Tiger, Williams, Griffith, Flowers, Fitzsimmons and I'm probably missing some names.

H2H I think Steele and Cerdan at their best could beat the greats in my top 5. I could see both of them beating Robinson at least once in a trilogy. The Hagler who fought Duran loses to both. Cerdan would've beat Lamotta convincingly if it wasn't for the bad shoulder injury in the first round which rendered him one handed for 9 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          What is it with people putting Hopkins on their list, but not RJJ?

Hopkins had a long reign at middle, but he was never a patch on RJJ. Are we talking about greatness, or are we talking about who hung around the longest?
          Roy barely did anything at middleweight. The large majority of his greatness came at 175, and his most notable wins at 168 and heavyweight. Middleweight was an early stop in his career.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a top 5 ATG middleweight list.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Roy barely did anything at middleweight. The large majority of his greatness came at 175, and his most notable wins at 168 and heavyweight. Middleweight was an early stop in his career.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a top 5 ATG middleweight list.
            Ok, so you rate someone who hangs around at a weight over the person who easily defeated them at that weight, and who would do so 100/100 times.

Hopkins has a long reign there, and RJJ a short one. But in that short time, RJJ proved conclusively that he was better than Hopkins at that weight.

If the question was about who had the best legacy at middleweight, I might agree with you. But when I think 'greatest' then I can't rank a clearly inferior fighter over a clearly superior one.

Comment

Ok, so you rate someone who hangs around at a weight over the person who easily defeated them at that weight, and who would do so 100/100 times.

Hopkins has a long reign there, and RJJ a short one. But in that short time, RJJ proved conclusively that he was better than Hopkins at that weight.

If the question was about who had the best legacy at middleweight, I might agree with you. But when I think 'greatest' then I can't rank a clearly inferior fighter over a clearly superior one.
              Greatest IS about legacy.

Lol @ anyone seriously putting GGG in a top 5.

Comment

Jones didn't have a legacy at all at middleweight. It was an early stop before he moved on and built the legacy we all know. And when you rank the best fighters in the history of a division, you're talking their careers at that weight.

Hopkins may have lost to Jones, but his middleweight career is vastly superior to what Jones did and as such, he is a greater middleweight than Jones. Not a better fighter, but indisputably a greater middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  1-Greb
                  2-Gibbons
                  3-Robinson
                  4-Ketchel
                  5-Steele
                  nice to see some love for Phantom ,i rearly see him mentioned at all

Comment

Lol @ these wannabe historians listing Greb and Ketchell.

Have you seen them live? Did you live in those times?

Articles and grandfather stories dont count.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      Lol @ these wannabe historians listing Greb and Ketchell.

Have you seen them live? Did you live in those times?

Articles and grandfather stories dont count.
                      Well Greb resume speaks volumes ,seen or not quality of his opponents cant be denied

Ketchell knock down Jack Johnson ,not bad if you ask me ,pluse his resume,Footage have nothing to do with it ,this men have legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X