No announcement yet.

What to do with Miguel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Miguel Vazquez

He's really technically gifted but man is he boring!
    Do you put him in the mix with fights against Broner, Burns, or Abril? Or do you let him do his thing like Omar Narvaez at flyweight, letting him pick up title defenses against guys stupid enough to fight him until he eventually goes away? It seems unfair to penalize a fighter for being too fast and elusive, but even the Mexican fans didn't want to see him. It's going to be a tough sell for promoters...
    Yes, he's gifted enough and he's got a belt, so why not?
    90.00%
    No, his fights are impossibly boring, let him fight tomato cans until he develops a better style
    0.00%
    Have him jump 19 pounds and fight Canelo Alvarez a 3rd time
    10.00%

There's no right or wrong style to use in a boxing ring. Miguel Vasquez has a style that is very unappealing but he is good at it and he wins fights. He shouldn't be penalized for winning. And the more I watch him, the more he grows on me.

I blame the opponents for being scared of being countered and not being able to cut off the ring as to why his fights are "boring". Gesta's lack of skill deserves just as much of the blame as Vasquez' style of fighting as to why that fight was a snoozer.

Comment

Keep him off my screen.

I understand he's got a style that works for him, but damn. It's a slog watching.

Comment

Miguel Vazquez is skilled man! He makes boring fights but I can appreciate his talent. He runs so much that he trips on his own feet while backing up and still he is able to throw punches and connect, (although not hard cause he is out of balance). I have no idea how he does it but that requires some kind of special skills. lol

Roy Jones quotes on Vazquez (or something very close)

"I have seen him run so much that the Ref had to chase him down to raise his hand at the end of the fight"

Roy: "I am going to start calling him the water moccasin"
        Lampley: "Water moccasin?"
        Roy: "Yeah, it ain't cute but it's deadly"

I like how he frustrates the **** out of people in the ring so I wouldn't mind seeing him again! Slick MOFO for sure!
        Last edited by Basco; 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Keep him the FUCK away from Abril please! That would make Wlad-Ibragimov look like Corrales-Castillo 1!!!!

Vazquez-Burns does sound interesting tho! Winner gets Broner.

Comment

Boring but very effective at what he does

Comment

I like him. Nothing more needs to be said. I have no interest in explaining his style. He does what he needs to to win.

Comment

It wont seem so elusive with more technically sound fighters. Gesta came in with no gameplan. He has no idea how to cut the ring off. Gesta will disappear before Vasquez. Leading up to the fight I kept thinking Wilfredo Vasquez. When the fight started I was trippin because he looks like Margs and fights like Malignaggi. It was very weird watching a tall Mexican with this style. Kinda refreshing to not hear "Mexican" and "Warrior" in the same sentence. That **** is played.

Comment

lol Gesta should be the blame dude sucks, i knew Vazquez would skool him easy

he was just standing around idk what he was thinking he didnt even try

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                    Do you put him in the mix with fights against Broner, Burns, or Abril?
                    He would dominate all of them. Also Omar Navarez is a bad comparison.

Comment

Working...
                    X