Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Joshua fights Miller next..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Joshua fights Miller next..........

Then Dillian Whyte should do a one fight deal with Haymon to fight Breazeale next. I know Breazeale is the WBC mandatory, but a fight against Whyte for the type of money he can make may entice him to put up his mandatory status. You could put that on PPV on ITV or wherever in the UK and have SHO buy the rights stateside. This would put Whyte in the best short term position as possible. He will then pretty much have the choice between the winner of Wilder/Fury or Joshua.

For the record, I think Hearn has done GREAT for Whyte. He has made him into a PPV fighter and one of the biggest names in the UK. So I'm not saying he should leave him for good or anything, but this would be Whyte's best option if we get Wilder/Fury II and Joshua/Miller.

I wouldnt complain at that fight, Breazeale doesnt really want to lose his mandatory status but its not like hes going to hide until he gets his shot and Whyte is actually ranked higher and claims he deserves to be mandatory too. He is with Hearn on a fight to fight so he can do what ever he likes and if that meant going to a direct rival then what ever.

Personally if what i hear is correct which is Whyte is being offered between 10 and 12 million for Joshua i think he is either mad to not take it or doesnt want it. If those numbers are accurate then thats a real good offer he can ask for more money he can hope for more money but he cant justify it or demand it. Beating Breazeale gets him closer to Wilder but hes in a perfect position to face Joshua right now. Hearn doesnt want to bin Wembley off Whyte is still his number 1 choice.

Comment

Whyte probably gets a massive deal from somebody else if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        I wouldnt complain at that fight, Breazeale doesnt really want to lose his mandatory status but its not like hes going to hide until he gets his shot and Whyte is actually ranked higher and claims he deserves to be mandatory too. He is with Hearn on a fight to fight so he can do what ever he likes and if that meant going to a direct rival then what ever.

Personally if what i hear is correct which is Whyte is being offered between 10 and 12 million for Joshua i think he is either mad to not take it or doesnt want it. If those numbers are accurate then thats a real good offer he can ask for more money he can hope for more money but he cant justify it or demand it. Beating Breazeale gets him closer to Wilder but hes in a perfect position to face Joshua right now. Hearn doesnt want to bin Wembley off Whyte is still his number 1 choice.
        If Whyte is being offered 10 or 12 million to figh AJ he should just say yes and fight him. How much money does Whyte usually make per fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

Lol. Did Dillian Whyte honestly make more than $12m/£8.5m on the Chisora 2 fight?

If he's working off of that kind of scratch for his own event, shouldn't he be able to build his own profile without AJ? Fight Breazeale, fight Ortiz, fight David Price for ****'s sake.

Comment

Hearn kind of created a monster in Whyte by making him into a PPV fighter. He actually said because he's done three PPVs opposed to two for Fury and one for Wilder, he has more leverage LOL. From just hearing his interviews, seems like he wants the same type of 60/40 splits that Hearn is willing to offer Fury/Wilder.

Comment

i want to see whyte v joe joyce this year

Comment

Brezeale would be risking a lot if he fought Whyte. The number one position is a big deal and a fight with Whyte would be really tough. I think Whyte beats him and he'd have thrown away perhaps his last opportunity to fight for a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                  Brezeale would be risking a lot if he fought Whyte. The number one position is a big deal and a fight with Whyte would be really tough. I think Whyte beats him and he'd have thrown away perhaps his last opportunity to fight for a world title.
                  Sure, but he would be getting a very nice pay day. Whyte is doing good PPV buys in the UK and SHO would put up a nice rights fee for the fight. He's not getting THAT great of a pay day vs Wilder or Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Lol. Did Dillian Whyte honestly make more than $12m/£8.5m on the Chisora 2 fight?

If he's working off of that kind of scratch for his own event, shouldn't he be able to build his own profile without AJ? Fight Breazeale, fight Ortiz, fight David Price for ****'s sake.
                    I heard he got £5.5 for Chisora 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X