No announcement yet.

Would Anthony Joshua be a gold medalist if the Olympics wasn't in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    This is a dead thread. Does it matter where the Olympic is staged?
    He won it. It is what it is.
    Did you watch the video? How did you score it

That Cuban took him to school no wonder AJ didn't want nothing to do with Ortiz, probably had flash backs and was like **** that ****

Comment

Olympics isn't about how well you perform, it's about how popular you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Some think he got a couple of gift at the Tournament

How do you score it?
        He was very fortunate against both Savon and Cammarelle. I was at the final and A LOT of people though he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          This is a dead thread. Does it matter where the Olympic is staged?
          He won it. It is what it is.
          Of course it matters where it’s staged😂😂
          Ever heard of Seoul 88???

Comment

I do have to admit that I'm not really sure how Olympic scoring works, but while I thought you could argue the final either way I thought Savon clearly got robbed if you judge that fight by any sane metric. I remember that distinctly from when I watched it in 2012 and my opinion hasn't changed since. The thing is, that wasn't even the worst robbery at that games, Zou Shiming getting repeatedly knocked on his ass by the Kaeo Pongprayoon from Thailand only for it to get called as a slip by the ref every time and then getting gifted the gold medal was worse still. There's a list of other controversies as long as your arm on the wikipedia page as well, and the Rio games was probably even worse. People say pro boxing is a dirty sport, but honestly the Olympics are far worse. They're absolutely blatant with it. If there's no boxing at Tokyo 2020 I think it'll be disastrous for the sport but I can't say that I think it'd be undeserved.

Comment

Wilder fans are really reaching now..

Comment

Maybe a gift but not a robbery - that might have been why the first round was edited from the BBC coverage that sunday morning? To make it look like he was winning.

Surely its about what hes done since then, when compared to wilder? Even if you assume AJ won the bronze, then he is light years ahead of Wilder regardless.

Comment

Not at all. He lost twice

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    Maybe a gift but not a robbery - that might have been why the first round was edited from the BBC coverage that sunday morning? To make it look like he was winning.

Surely its about what hes done since then, when compared to wilder? Even if you assume AJ won the bronze, then he is light years ahead of Wilder regardless.
                    The Savon fight was very one sided. If they edited the fight on the BBC that’s all you need to know.

Comment

International Olympic Committee investigated this scandal and are planning to send out a public apology to Erislandy Savón and Roberto Cammarelle.

They will deliver an honorary bronze medal to AJ and confiscate his gold medal.

To this day! Anthony "The Bronze Brit" Joshua ducking them big fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X