Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans who do not like MMA; what are your reasons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sentax View Post
    The Mayweather/McGregor fight brought out the worst in a lot of fans of boxing and MMA, as the two 'sides' slinged insults at one another and their respective sports, rather than engaging in mature debate and discussion.

If you're a boxing fan and you do not like MMA, what are your reasons? I'm not trying to change or challenge anybody's opinion, I'm just interested to know your thoughts.
    I like them both. Not a big fan of the ground game but I respect it since in real life most fights do end up on the ground if its a real fight with no one breaking them up.

To your question most are lame ****phobic reasons about it being gay with the wrestling, yet look at all these dorks who like FAKE wresting as in the WWE?

I just watched the UFC 232 fight tonight on some dudes live periscope stream for FREE I saw the Cyborg Nunes fight all action Nunes was swinging for the fences and Ko'd Cyborg within seconds.

Jones vs the White dude was a feeling out tactical first two rounds then Jones turned it up went for the take down tried to submit white guy and then could not so he start pounding the back of his head until the ref waived it off.

Say what you will but the UFC fans got their moneys worth. Shat Halle Barry was sitting ringside tonight too lol.

Comment

The arrogance and stupidity of MMA fans is what turns me off.

Like this jackass that claimed boxing would be swallowed up and there would be no new stars after Oscar De La Hoya, Bernard Hopkins, and Jermaine Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Why would I wanna see 2 dudes in tights lay on the ground together?
        This pretty much sums up what I think. I've never watched a complete round of MMA in my whole life. It ain't for me.

Comment

I respect the skills 100% but it's weird for me seeing the records of the top guys in the sport with so many loses. Feels like luck plays such a big part in outcomes where in boxing shockers are so notable due to their rarity. The careers also seem so short at the top. I enjoy following a fighters career for a long time if they have the longevity in them. But mostly for me I was raised with boxing, have boxed plenty myself (just as a hobby) and I understand it. MMA is cool with me until the ground game kicks in. I'm sure the skill level involved is crazy but it's not interesting for me to watch. No disrespect from me but MMA is not my thing.

Comment

In all honesty, I genuinely don't like MMA fans. They're so arrogant and there's a lot of a white trash/racist to a lot of them.

I just picture idiots wearing Ed Hardy shirts, covered in disgusting tats, and looking at War Machine like he's a political prisoner or something.

AS for the sport itself, it's not the worst thing in the world, but I've never been into real wrestling, because it's boring or kicking in fights. I don't really even get into Kung-Fu type movies.

And OMG, when they box, they look terrible doing it.

I remember when Ronda Rousey was in her prime, people were talking about she could beat women in boxing and I was like, GTFOH She'd get knocked out by 2nd rate women

Comment

The best part of MMA is when they strike. Why not watch boxing without all the hugging on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Daud View Post
                The best part of MMA is when they strike. Why not watch boxing without all the hugging on the ground.
                And without the elbow strikes, kicks, knees, spinning back fists, hammer fists.

Comment

I usually only watch the massive UFC fights to see what happens. My problem with UFC is the ground stuff. Watching 2 people roll around on the ground bores the fúck out of me and the commentary is too much.

Comment

I dont enjoy watching the grappling on the floor.

Comment

I just dont like to see grown men rolling around on the floor. That is really what i find most repulsive. Just stand up and fight you useless ****s. I cant stand wrestling. I cant stomach it as a spectacle. I dont mind a bit of judo when its a guy or girl fighting for an olympic medal for my country. But thats once every four years. But watching that mma sh ite on a regular basis? No fecking chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X