No announcement yet.

Weight class- young fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight class- young fighter

I am 14 years old and walk around at 104 pounds and an 5’2”, so I’m pretty short. Due to the lack of fighters I wanna move up to maybe 112-115 pounds and get some muscle mass. Would I be giving up too much in mobility or height if I do move up?

Originally posted by asianboxer54 View Post
    I am 14 years old and walk around at 104 pounds and an 5’2”, so I’m pretty short. Due to the lack of fighters I wanna move up to maybe 112-115 pounds and get some muscle mass. Would I be giving up too much in mobility or height if I do move up?
    How will you build muscle mass?

Comment

Stay in your target weight range. I’ve trained Golden Gloves fighters for 10 years & the discipline you will take into your career as a pro starts now.
      Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        How will you build muscle mass?
        Eat more, lift weights

Comment

Eat more, lift weights
          Eat the right things and lift weights. Ive seen a few guys get strong, with a big upper body - but a fat gut.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Eat the right things and lift weights. Ive seen a few guys get strong, with a big upper body - but a fat gut.
            Haha. Don't skip leg day also.

Comment

You'll fill out and hit growth spurts over the next few years. Unless you're parents are that size then nvm...

If you want to build muscle then you need to a lot more food (at least 500 calories more) every day. I suggest buying a protein powder that should last you 2/3 of the month and supplement with bananas, apples, and oatmeal. It's hard to say anything with any sort of precision because I don't know what your diet consists of.

Essentially just smash on anything you can get your hands on. You're a skinny teen and from one skinny teen who has successfully gone from skinny and out of shape to slim, trim and in fighting shape I can tell you that you don't need to really count macros or do anything complex. Eat what you want: fruits, vegetables, pizza, chicken, beef, pasta, etc

Food has no power, don't give it any. Eat what you want.

Oh yeah and do plenty of calisthenics/weighted calisthenics. Let me know if you're interested in more info on that and I can help you.
              Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 05-16-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                This.... plus do hiit

Comment

Eat more, lift weights
                  Why the fk would you lift weights as a boxer? Cmon people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    Why the fk would you lift weights as a boxer? Cmon people.
                    To look like AJ

Comment

Working...
                    X