No announcement yet.

Beating Ruiz @ Heavyweight was Roy's GREATEST feat, IMO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    It's not about Ruiz... it's about coming from middleweight to LHW... putting on 20lbs and still being outweighed by 30lbs in the ring.

It's also about moving back down to LHW and regaining that belt over the best fighter in the division.
    Why do people underrate Ruiz? A two-time HW champ who was a solid top five contender for at least a decade. He beat Holyfield, Rahman, an in-shape Kirk Johnson (unlike the blubber Klitschko fought), Oquendo, Golota, was robbed against Valuev. A GREAT win when you couple Roy's moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Why do people underrate Ruiz? A two-time HW champ who was a solid top five contender for at least a decade. He beat Holyfield, Rahman, an in-shape Kirk Johnson (unlike the blubber Klitschko fought), Oquendo, Golota, was robbed against Valuev. A GREAT win when you couple Roy's moving up.
      And how cmoe nobody else has done it in 100 years.

100 years?

Surely Ruiz wasn't the only sub par HW belt holder?

How come nobody else could do it?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        It's not about Ruiz... it's about coming from middleweight to LHW... putting on 20lbs and still being outweighed by 30lbs in the ring.

It's also about moving back down to LHW and regaining that belt over the best fighter in the division.
        Dude I agree it was a great accomplishment but to me it was like beating a contender not a true CHAMPION at HW. Also his regain of the title at LHW was questionable as some people thought Tarver won that fight. (I was not one of them) but some did. All in all going up to HW and coming back down was the beginning of the end of Roy he was never the same after that. He needed to stay at HW and maybe take on a few contenders there put on another 10-15 pounds. To me he could have cleaned out that division if he stood there. (everyone except the BIG boys Klits and Lewis) I mean Chris Byrd did what he did there so to me Roy was leaps and bounds above Byrd....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
          Dude I agree it was a great accomplishment but to me it was like beating a contender not a true CHAMPION at HW. Also his regain of the title at LHW was questionable as some people thought Tarver won that fight. (I was not one of them) but some did. All in all going up to HW and coming back down was the beginning of the end of Roy he was never the same after that. He needed to stay at HW and maybe take on a few contenders there put on another 10-15 pounds. To me he could have cleaned out that division if he stood there. (everyone except the BIG boys Klits and Lewis) I mean Chris Byrd did what he did there so to me Roy was leaps and bounds above Byrd....Lefty
          No because staying at HW, outside of fight Lewis wouldn't have completed what he set out to do.

Which was match what Bob Fitzsimmons did.

Fitzsimmsons didn't just go from MW to HW but also regained the LHW title.

If he stayed at HW he wouldn't of completed what he set out do and matched what Bob had completed.

And Roy closely but clearly beat Tarver.

It isn't questionable whatsoever.

Roy got the win, and deservably so.

Comment

Working...
          X