Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Better For Khan and Brook To Fight Crawford and Hurd First?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Better For Khan and Brook To Fight Crawford and Hurd First?

The loser of the Khan vs Brook fight wouldn't have many options left in terms of big fights, at least immediately after the loss, unless it's a close fight which would naturally lead to a lucrative rematch.

For the time being however, both Khan and Brook have two other very good options available - two title fights with the opportunity to become a recognized world champion once again. Arguably both Crawford and Hurd are more difficult and dangerous opponents for Khan and Brook compared to them facing each other. If either one, or both, of them loses, their fight will still very much be on the table and will remain so indefintely.

So what do you say.. should Brook vs Khan happen next or should they go for the title shots against Crawford and Hurd first while those opportunities are still available?
    Yes - fight Crawford and Hurd for World Titles beforehand
    14.29%
    No - fight each other in a grudge match now and abandon world title shot
    57.14%
    Either option is fine by me
    14.29%
    Unsure / Undecided
    14.29%

C'mon man. Amir Khan is deluded enough to still be talking about World titles and his value as the A-side into his 40s. Kell Brook should retire after getting brutalized by Jarrett Hurd. Brook will be seriously damaged goods once Hurd's done with him, could see Khan winning a boring UD, or even Brook retiring in his corner. Brook is shot already and he has a poor trainer. Khan is a coward and ran from a fight in their respective primes which would have been dynamite.

Comment

If they both wanna go into their fight post-ass whipping its a great idea.

And hell man that Hurd vs Brook fight might be it for Brook. He might not wanna fight after that one. That seems like a horrible matchup for him where he might be leaving the ring with a broken something or another again.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        C'mon man. Amir Khan is deluded enough to still be talking about World titles and his value as the A-side into his 40s. Kell Brook should retire after getting brutalized by Jarrett Hurd. Brook will be seriously damaged goods once Hurd's done with him, could see Khan winning a boring UD, or even Brook retiring in his corner. Brook is shot already and he has a poor trainer. Khan is a coward and ran from a fight in their respective primes which would have been dynamite.
        Calling Khan a coward is like calling Mayweather a face first brawler, he's about as far removed from the word "coward" as pretty much any boxer has ever been in history - he's quite the opposite in fact and we all know he chased Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bradley, Broner and Marquez - only to be ducked time and again.

Brook on the other hand has been a natural light middle, draining down to 147 for most of his career, usually having a size advantage over smaller guys - and on top of that hasn't beaten anyone of note, besides a controversial win vs Porter. Truth is, if it wasn't for Khan urging Brook to fight better opposition some years ago, he may have never faced Porter or even entered the ring so that he could quit against Spence and GGG (and quitting is arguably the most self-evident form of cowardice if you want to refer to people as "cowards").

But all that aside, the problem is that if Khan and Brook face each other. then the other fights might never happen which would be a shame because Khan vs Crawford as well as Brook vs Hurd are both great match ups. Why not make them while the opportunity is still available. It might be a case of now or never whereas Brook vs Khan will remain an open option regardless.

Comment

They are both gonna get damaged vs crawford and hurd

But khan has made bad career decisions e.g. canelo in the past and he wants a shortcut to p4p status, its probably why he wanted floyd so much, so he may choose crawford but i think he will take brook now to be honest. He may have learnt his lesson from canelo fight and the uk public pressure is big for him to fight brook next

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            If they both wanna go into their fight post-ass whipping its a great idea.

And hell man that Hurd vs Brook fight might be it for Brook. He might not wanna fight after that one. That seems like a horrible matchup for him where he might be leaving the ring with a broken something or another again.
            They'd both be the underdog in those fights and might get whupped but they're still legit opponents for Crawford / Hurd to face because not many in the top 10 are likely to beat those guys anyway. Khan and Brook are veterans in the game and former world champs trying to recapture titles. I'd like to see both match ups as a boxing fan, forget the names but the style match ups alone make for potentially good fights and they'd both be edge-of-the-seat affairs I think.

I'd like to see all 3 fights happen - Khan vs Crawford, Brook vs Hurd and Khan vs Brook but I think the only way to give all those fights the best chance of happening is if they leave Khan vs Brook until last and do the other fights first.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              They are both gonna get damaged vs crawford and hurd

But khan has made bad career decisions e.g. canelo in the past and he wants a shortcut to p4p status, its probably why he wanted floyd so much, so he may choose crawford but i think he will take brook now to be honest. He may have learnt his lesson from canelo fight and the uk public pressure is big for him to fight brook next
              They both might get damaged against Crawford and Hurd it's true. But they are boxers and they are in the hurt business. I'd like to see all 3 fights happen because they're going to be 3 great fights to watch as boxing fans. I'd rather watch 3 great fights, instead of just 1 and if Khan vs Brook happened first then Khan vs Crawford or Brook vs Hurd are much less likely to happen. The timing is perfect right now for everyone involved.

Khan's decision to go up in weight and face that version of Canelo was questionable especially considering Canelo was much heavier than him on fight night and was probably on PEDs too but Khan gave a decent account of himself against all odds. He might have beaten other top 10 fighters at the weight that night, he was looking good for a lot of the fight and beating Canelo before the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                They both might get damaged against Crawford and Hurd it's true. But they are boxers and they are in the hurt business. I'd like to see all 3 fights happen because they're going to be 3 great fights to watch as boxing fans. I'd rather watch 3 great fights, instead of just 1 and if Khan vs Brook happened first then Khan vs Crawford or Brook vs Hurd are much less likely to happen. The timing is perfect right now for everyone involved.

Khan's decision to go up in weight and face that version of Canelo was questionable especially considering Canelo was much heavier than him on fight night and was probably on PEDs too but Khan gave a decent account of himself against all odds. He might have beaten other top 10 fighters at the weight that night, he was looking good for a lot of the fight and beating Canelo before the KO.
                if they fight coming off losses then the fight loses some attention. it loses some of its luster, and there is less time to rebuild from the loss because they are older now compared to when they suffered losses in the past.

canelo was starting to outbox khan, meaning khan had no chance to win that fight.

khan might have been on peds too. look at his body for that fight and look at it for the vargas fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  They'd both be the underdog in those fights and might get whupped but they're still legit opponents for Crawford / Hurd to face because not many in the top 10 are likely to beat those guys anyway. Khan and Brook are veterans in the game and former world champs trying to recapture titles. I'd like to see both match ups as a boxing fan, forget the names but the style match ups alone make for potentially good fights and they'd both be edge-of-the-seat affairs I think.

I'd like to see all 3 fights happen - Khan vs Crawford, Brook vs Hurd and Khan vs Brook but I think the only way to give all those fights the best chance of happening is if they leave Khan vs Brook until last and do the other fights first.
                  Idk about all this. I think either guys next ass beating could be their last ass beating. But sure at this point this fight is viable to UK fans a decade from now.

And i'll agree they are guys who are in the options list of Bud & Hurd, but I don't believe either is much of a live dog in those fights & I suspect they'd be hard fights for both where they both get KO'd or stopped. Best case for either guy is its competitive for 3ish rounds early

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing
                    I think WILL used the wrong word calling him a coward. Amir is entertaining to fight and will continue fighting when he's out on his feet, but he did duck Brook, nothing to do with cowardice, just wanted to avoid a loss or possible KO by a fellow Brit. Getting KOed by Canelo he can live with but by his nemesis Brook who he thinks is beneath him he'll never live down.
                    This is what I meant, and I would call that cowardice. He won't fight Brook because he's scared of losing. What he will do is wait until Brook is seriously damaged goods and then force him to boil down to an unhealthy weight, with a rehydration clause, and beat a shell of Brook.

Comment

Working...
                    X