No announcement yet.

A draw was not an unreasonable result

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    It is pretty easy to give Wilder 3 rounds aside from the rounds with knockdowns as Fury was not doing much with the opportunities he created in about 6 rounds. Sure he was out boxing Wilder and making him miss but Wilder was the one doing work, mostly ineffective work but a lot of judges value that sort of effort especially if the other guy is not doing all that much work themselves.

Giving Wilder 7 rounds like the one judge did would be pretty difficult to argue but 113-113 is pretty easy to get to. That is on Fury though because he could have made those 6 rounds a lot more in his favor than he did with just a bit more effort offensively.
    That's precisely the problem though. You can get to 113-113 but you really have to be looking to give Wilder the benefit of the doubt on all close rounds. In other words you have to be a little biased.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      That's precisely the problem though. You can get to 113-113 but you really have to be looking to give Wilder the benefit of the doubt on all close rounds. In other words you have to be a little biased.
      That is the thing though if you score 1 round for Wilder you are going to score more than 1 because you liked that effort. That is how judging works you have to pick the things you like especially in rounds where not all that much happened. It is not like Fury was putting it on Wilder in a lot of rounds especially early on, so a lot if left to the eye of the beholder.

Fury could have done more better work and left it much less in doubt, that is on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
        For me, I thought the first 4 rounds were close and could have went either way. Nobody dominated and Wilder could have been awarded any one of those rounds. From Round 5 or 6 on I thought Fury began to show his superior boxing skills and I thought he was beginning to dominate the fight but he then he got careless and got dropped in round 8 and then again in 12. I did not see this fight as a shutout or complete domination like others. Maybe my eyes are wrong but I didn't think some of the rounds were as clear as people were saying. Wilder could have reasonably won 2 or 3 of those first 4 or 5 rounds rounds.
        That’s exactly how I saw it.
        I’m not American or UK.
        I Admit I wanted Wilder to win and might of just been mainly watching what he was doing plus I didn’t score it but I just cannot see how everyone thinks it was a robbery.
        I actually had Wilder winning.
        I honestly didn’t think people would think it was so one sided.

Comment

Per round Fury landed more shots than Wilder did and dodged more shots per round than Wilder did.
          How anyone thought Wilder won that (granted there are only a couple who do) must be smoking some good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Yup. Fury landed the clean effective punches and not only that his defense as he dodged and slipped and slide was phenomenal. Entertaining fight. Sad that another robbery happened.
            He looked like he was trying to impersonate Joe ****er at Woodstock

Comment

Working...
            X