Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did wilder sign a three fight deal with showtime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did wilder sign a three fight deal with showtime?

Personally I think he signed a three fight deal but didn’t want to announce it because he knew it would make him look stupid as it’s going to be considerably less than what dazn offered him plus it would fly in the face of his argument about wanting to be a free agent and control his own destiny.

It’s strange that the Ortiz fight has been agreed straight away and if the konowacki fight gets agreed in a similar fashion then I’d be certain there’s an agreement between the two parties. Hearn said something similar and I know you all like to call him a liar but he also said the ortiz fight was done pretty much the day after the breazle fight and that turned out to be true.

Wilder's team said before the fight that he wasn't going to fight AJ til 2020, that wasn't something Hearn broke, those fools ducked the fight themselves.

Comment

He did. They guy is just a compulsive liar like Fury.

He was going around spouting nonsense about how he's a free agent when he already signed a deal, lol. I think Fury knew, hence he signed the ESPN deal because they were probably gonna use him as part of the deal to pay Wilder. And he basically just took the bigger money from ESPN and ran with it.

Comment

The Ortiz PPV is on Fox isn't it? So no he hasn't signed a showtime deal.

Comment

3 fight deal with a network that's going out of the boxing business? why on earth would showtime want to sign a guy that does terrible ratings and sells no tickets?

makes no sense...cant fathom it...why?

Comment

He has a 3 fight deal with PBC and Kownacki is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              The Ortiz PPV is on Fox isn't it? So no he hasn't signed a showtime deal.
              Yet to be confirmed.

If it does end up on FOX maybe it's a 3 fight PBC deal rather than network.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                3 fight deal with a network that's going out of the boxing business? why on earth would showtime want to sign a guy that does terrible ratings and sells no tickets?

makes no sense...cant fathom it...why?
                I know you’re being sarcastic but my answer is To block the aj fight from happening on dazn. Surely you even you admit that would be bad for haymon/showtime.

Comment

Working...
                X