Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of canelos power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a complete joke. people saying canelo is going to KO kovalev are complete numbskulls. canelo would need to consume a lot of tainted meat in order to KO kovalev.

Comment

interesting, wonder if Canelo and golden boy will give Kovalev a chance for that $ fight, or wait another 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
        Who said that about Canelo's power? He is a powerful light middleweight, it's his skills, mainly handspeed and defense what makes him shine
        He was once a light middleweight. I think those days are long gone. He says he will never fight at 154 again and it is looking like he will never fight at 160 again with his desire to fight at 175.You saw him weigh in for Fielding at 168 and looking lean. he does have great skill and hand speed and very good power in both hands, especially the straight right. He is a wicked body puncher with both hands. He didn't floor Jacobs so I doubt he floors Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          He was once a light middleweight. I think those days are long gone. He says he will never fight at 154 again and it is looking like he will never fight at 160 again with his desire to fight at 175.You saw him weigh in for Fielding at 168 and looking lean. he does have great skill and hand speed and very good power in both hands, especially the straight right. He is a wicked body puncher with both hands. He didn't floor Jacobs so I doubt he floors Kovalev.
          Another myth: Canelo is a SWW/small MW

Comment

just shows you how much highlight reel KOs can affect casual's perception of a boxer. That's why Khan still gets the big fights, he's a name that can deliver the highlight reel KO for a promoter's up and coming star. That's why Crawford failed miserably when he couldn't KO Khan and ended it with a lowblow, Arum was probably really pissed at the outcome after he overpaid Khan lol

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
              I keep seeing people on this site constantly go on about how canelo is a huge puncher,and has destructive body work. Suddenly he's going to ko a full fledged light heavyweight in kovalev? My question is,who has canelo ko'd or dropped that shows he has the ability to do so? Let's look at his Kos and knockdowns in his last 15 fights.

Fieldings (tko) paper champion who had been demolished by Callum in one round. Showed up for a paycheck to be a punching bag.
              Liam Smith (ko) paper champ at 154 who won a vacant title and hadn't fought anyone of note before canelo. Still went 9 rounds with the guy.
              Amir Khan (ko).... Need I say more?
              James Kirkland( ko) weight drained and chinny as hell. Previously destroyed by a pillow punching ishida in one round.
              Angulo(tko) he was a custom made punching bag,and yet the referee had to stop the fight since it got embarrassing that canelo couldn't put him away. Has been stopped by both Kirkland and Lara.
              Austin trout (Ud) only decent fighter who canelo managed to drop.
              Lopez (tko) Fought a blown up 140 lb fighter and 154. Was never good to begin with,and best win was a post Maidana and mayweather Ortiz.

Canelo has decent power that gets people's respect but he is by no means a big puncher. He only shines with chinny,undersized, weight drained,or crappy fighters. He is incredibly overrated on this site in the power department,and is not going to stop a dude who is used to taking punches from full fledged light heavies.
              - -You in yer full fledged trainers now is it?

Big Boys next stage and then on to Barney undies.

#yesyoucan...

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                CANELO is the smallest middleweight in the division. So now you guy's are saying he's also a feather fisted fighter as well.

Sounds like CANELO should be getting more credit for his wins & accomplishments since he's beating all these bigger fighter's with pure skill.

☆CANELO UNDISPUTED #1 P4P☆
                Maybe 5 years ago he was but not today. He came in weighed in at 168 for Fielding without a bit of fat. He passed on fighting any middleweight in September in favor of fighting only Kovalev in the fall. He is short but not light. I think he is more comfortable above 160 and may not fight at 160 again. Making him tiny makes his accomplishments seem better only he is now a big middleweight and not a small middleweight. Wait and see if he ever fights at 160 again.

Comment

Wait until the Canelo-Kovalev weigh in. I'll bet Canelo will weigh in about 175 pounds and he win't be soft. This tiny middleweight stuff is BS.

Comment

Ppl said the same thing about Floyd’s power but I really never saw too many ppl bum rush him

I didn’t see GGG go out Mexican style on canelo sooo

Comment

They think Canelo will knock him out with bodyshots lol. As if Canelo dont have to worry about counter punches while going low. Like Kovalev is just gonna stand there and get hit to the body.

Comment

Working...
                      X