Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 05-29-2018, 12:29 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3446 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,528,216.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Michael Bisping announces official retirement from MMA

Former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping officially announced his retirement from mixed martial arts Monday on his Believe You Me Podcast, bringing an end to a 14-year career that saw Bisping establish himself as one of the most successful and longest tenured fighters in UFC history while also becoming a pioneer for MMA in the United Kingdom.

ďSo obviously Iíve teased this for a long time now, I might fight again, I might not. And unfortunately itís not a fight that Iím announcing. I am going to announce my official retirement from mixed martial arts,Ē Bisping said.

Bisping, 39, has spoken openly about his indecision regarding his retirement since he suffered a first-round knockout loss to Kelvin Gastelum last November at UFC Shanghai, his second loss in a span of 22 days. Bisping admitted Monday that he was prepared to retire in June 2016 at UFC 199 if he lost his long-awaited shot at the middleweight title against Luke Rockhold, however his stunning upset of Rockhold changed his plans.

Having dealt with complications with his right eye since 2013, Bisping revealed that he suffered a separate injury to his left eye following the Gastelum fight. ďThe CountĒ said he started seeing ďflashesĒ out of his left eye at a party in the aftermath of his loss to Gastelum, and those issues have persisted in the months since.

ďI realized thereís no flash going on; itís just my eye, and every time I look left, it flashes. And it still does it now when itís dark,Ē Bisping said. ďItís light now so I canít see it. So I started freaking out, thinking oh my God, I donít believe this, Iíve got a detached retina in my good eye. I have problems with my bad eye, it doesnít look good, so obviously I was kind of freaking out.Ē

Bisping said doctors diagnosed him with a vitreous detachment in his left eye, a condition that puts him at an increased risk for another detached retina. Regardless, Bisping said he still moved forward with negotiations for a farewell fight against Rashad Evans for May 17 at UFC London. The matchup never came together though, and Bisping said he ultimately came to his decision to hang up his gloves Sunday night after watching the film Journeyman on a plane ó a film in which an aging prizefighter suffers severe mental and physical problems as a result of brain trauma sustained in a late-career fight.

ďI was watching this movie last night and I just thought, it ainít worth it,Ē Bisping said. ďIt ainít worth it. I mean, what else am I going to do? Iíve won the belt, Iíve had tons of wins, Iíve done everything that I set out to achieve. Whatís the point in flogging a dead horse? Not that Iím a dead horse, but whatís the point? Iíve done everything that I set out to achieve, and fortunately now Iíve used my platform to open other doors. You know, youíve got to know when to walk away. Iím almost 40 years old, the time is now. So, I want to say, first of all, thank you to my wife. Without her, it wouldnít have happened. Thatís a fact. She was incredible every single step of the way. My children. My dad. My dad was amazing. And of course everyone in the U.K. and around the world that supported me.

ďSo, yeah, there you go. Great career. Thatís that. Thank you everybody.Ē

ďCongrats to Michael on a Hall of Fame career,Ē Bispingís manager Audie Attar said in a statement provided to MMAFighting.com. ďThe Ultimate Fighter winner, two-time Ultimate fighter coach, winningest fighter in UFC history and first British UFC Champion in history. Iíve been honored to work with Michael towards the championship years and have watched him fight through trials and tribulations as he was a perennial title contender, ultimately reaching the sportís greatest achievement by winning a UFC Championship.

ďThrough all that he has achieved, the one thing Iím most proud of is how hard he fought for his familyís future, risking his life on the line each time he stepped into the octagon. I am proud to call Michael a client, but more importantly a dear friend. Now itís time for Michael to achieve greatness in the next phase of his professional career, and the future looks bright, Mr. Bisping. Thank you for all that youíve done for our sport.Ē

Bisping retires with an official MMA record of 30-9 as well as a host of all-time UFC records, including the most wins in UFC history, the most fights in UFC history, the most significant strikes landed in UFC history, and the second-most total fight time in UFC history.

A longtime contender who for the first 12 years of his career could never quite attain a shot at the title, Bisping rewrote the story of his career in his late thirties with a stunning five-fight win streak over C.B. Dollaway, Thales Leites, Anderson Silva, Rockhold, and Dan Henderson ó the latter two of which saw Bisping capture then defend the UFC middleweight strap, cementing himself for the rest of time as a champion.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-29-2018, 03:23 AM #2
Interim Champion

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
classicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,868,517,667,571.96
Total Points: 3,868,517,670,022.77
Never stop speaking the truth mate! - Krusher P4P #1 Good posts, my dude. - Bobby Deez 

Wow, having an issue like flashing vision...it's things like that that seriously erode quality of life.

Hope he does hang 'em up and leave 'em up, he's given the viewers plenty of entertainment over the years in and out of the ring.
classicbuzzbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:48 AM #3
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 13983 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,561,554,462,008,305,254,400.00
Total Points: 56,347,468,148,614,585,384,960.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Respect to Bisping. I was never a fan til later in his career, but he's had & gots my loyalty all day every day now with anything he does. And love his podcast already.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:51 AM #4
Up and Comer

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Crushinator has a spectacular aura aboutCrushinator has a spectacular aura aboutCrushinator has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 2,299.12

he'll fight bellew within a year
Crushinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:25 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13184 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,483,179,447,543,445,848,064.00
Total Points: 690,231,423,752,607,346,196,480.00
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Iím happy to here heís retiring.. hope heís got enough cash to sustain him and his family.
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:29 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3446 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,528,216.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

De La Hoya will probably try to sign him too.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:49 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 355 Post(s)
hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,000,035,688,472.12
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. No Message - -jose- 

Happy to hear that. Now hopefully he can get his eyes sorted.

Never been a big Bisping fan but he grew on me in the last 5 years to be honest. His stretch when he beat Silva, Rockhold and Hendo was pretty cool and showed his tenacity/heart and will to succeed no matter what.
hayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:50 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 526,027,240,861.57
Total Points: 100,000,646,142,530,000.00
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

I liked his appearance as a henchman on MacGyver last season.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:17 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
snoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond reputesnoopy360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,249,028,662,003.32
Total Points: 2,250,028,801,414.58

Never was a big fan but I do respect the dudes accomplishments.
snoopy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:32 AM #10
TDT All day

Quoted: 5650 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 226,819,137,519,988,395,474,944.00
Total Points: 226,819,137,520,088,421,236,736.00
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- 
Merry Christmas - TBear Lounge ATG - Mike D From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK 
Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX The Autozone comment had me rolling. Haha. Cheers - anthonydavid11 Camacho avi :love: that's one sexy Rican - -jose- Lana was sent from above - Santa_ 
-jose-†aka Colonel Culo Snatcher :lol1::lol1: - -jose- alt account and serial racist member. - Shaolin Sword WAR COTTO! one last time :beerchug: - -jose- Love your funny posts - 1bad65 In the floor laughing... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Never cared much for Bisping, but he's a true fighter and one of the hardest workers in the sport.

Nothing but respect.
Willy Wanker is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
announces, bisping, michael, official, retirement

User Tag List