No announcement yet.

Forget about doping bans. Boxers Take PEDs should do Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget about doping bans. Boxers Take PEDs should do Time

Let's forget these doping bans, that are none existent in Clenelo's case.

If you are caught using PEDs for a boxing fight you get charged with assault with a deadly weapon just like Resto did for loading his gloves.

Should this be the law?

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

If you are caught using PEDs for a boxing fight you get charged with assault with a deadly weapon just like Resto did for loading his gloves.

Should this be the law?
    I agree. If they test positive they should be locked up and that will stop doping pretty fast

Comment

That's absurd. So if you have a garbage fighter taking ped's he should go to prison regardless if he sucks and can't hurt a fly. Ummm no.

Comment

No, they shouldn't

a lenghty ban is more than enough in case of PEDs, and only if there's real evidence

no need to take things out of proportion

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          No, they shouldn't

a lenghty ban is more than enough in case of PEDs, and only if there's real evidence

no need to take things out of proportion
          Trying to KO someone that could change their life while on PEDs should be a crime.

Nothing to worry about if you're clean.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            Trying to KO someone that could change their life while on PEDs should be a crime.

Nothing to worry about if you're clean.
            You cant make arbitrary laws like that

PED use is rampant in combat sports, specially in the lower levels

all this "strict PED testing" culture thing, you only see it at the world level

there are countless bums, C, D level club fighters in box and MMA using PEDs and nobody cares, nobody will pay to VADA test them either.

It'd be unfair to be jailing world level fighters for something that plenty of ppl in the lower layers of the sport do and get away with it all the time.
            Last edited by lopetego; 05-24-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Should this be the law?
              Agreed. Same if you refuse to test. Treat it like DUI.

Comment

I don't agree that a boxer who test positive should do jail time. I also doubt any PED is so effective that they turn a boxer's fists into deadly weapons if his fists were not deadly weapons before taking that PED. Is there any scientific proof that any PED makes a boxer punch harder and turn his non deadly fists into deadly fists? There have been terrific punchers in boxing and many ring deaths long before any PEDS were around. Do any PED using boxers fighting today punch harder pound for pound than SSR, Joe Louis,or Marciano? What Resto did is not the same as using PEDs. I am all for strict testing and suspending boxers who test positive for banned PEDs. I am against sending them to jail.

Comment

Doping in general should be reclassified as a criminal offence. France, Australia and Italy have already done so. Doping is fraud pure and simple, you are deceiving people for personal gain.

Comment

I am absolutely for this. Send them to jail.

Using ped's in a combat sport can be disastruous for the opponent. It can be life altering or life destroying. Sometimes literally if your opponent dies. We've had clean fighters kill other fighters before what more with steroids.

There is no excuse for peds. There should be harsher penalties as a deterrent as well as fairness.

Comment

Working...
                    X