Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathyese mentally quit kinda like rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      He got his 2.5 mill that's all he cared about. When that money runs out he will be fighting again.
      Where did you get that 2.5 mil figure from? From what I've heard his purse was only $150,000 and Pac's was $1.5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
        Mathyese mentally quit kinda like rigo.
        Doesn't take away from the phantom right hook in round five with nine seconds left though.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Where did you get that 2.5 mil figure from? From what I've heard his purse was only $150,000 and Pac's was $1.5 million.

LOL...you really believe Pac only got paid $1.5 million for that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            LOL...you really believe Pac only got paid $1.5 million for that fight?
            If I am wrong then show me a link that he got more. He wasn't fighting in Las Vegas over the weekend with Top Rank but in Malaysia; A developing country in South East Asia. If he did earn more then he better hope that this fight sold very well because he has to pay all of his creditors back with interest. He had to assume all of the risks and obligations for this event because he was the sole promoter. So if it tanked at the box office then it is all on him.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
              Funny you should mention that fight because the left hook Wlad threw didn't land either. It was much more clear in the Pac-Matthysse fight though. The right hook from Pac at the nine second mark of the 5th round does not land and it is plain as day. You are just blind.
              I suggest getting glasses or follow another sport

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                Pac-Man even surprised me, I thought he would win by UD or a TKO in round 11/12, but from round 1 Pac-Man was connecting with fast hard uppercuts and straight lefts, was spooky seeing him turn back the years.
                Agreed. My prediction was a win by UD. I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  No he didn't. He looked like an obscure Thai boxer that had never been in the ring with a decent fighter and then got punched by a world class fighter with extraordinary punching power.
                  ^ This. He hung in there but just couldn't avoid the big shots or take LM's power.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    pac hasn't been a come forward fighter for ten years. this is why he got robbed against floyd. everyone expected him to just come forward and when he didnt they said well i guess floyd is winning ignoring that pac was actually landing the much cleaner punches and befuddling floyd who could only land little grazing punches at best.
                    He didn't get robbed vs. Floyd but to be fair, the fight was pretty even prior to Pacquiao re-injuring the shoulder in the 4th rd. Also interesting, Manny out landed Floyd in that fight and there's proof on a very well known video website.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      I think Matthysse just doesn't have a big heart. He's got the power but once he starts getting hit and hurt much, he's looking for a way out. Manny's style was poison for him. No dive. Just a dude who decided to quit trying. Bayless wouldn't have stopped it if Matthysse hadn't spit his mouth piece out. That was a sure sign that he'd said Screw it. Some guys aren't going to fight balls to the wall until they fall. They get hurt a little and they either quit or go into a shell. That's what happened imo.
                      This ^

Plus, Matthysse got cracked hard right on the chin where he had been clocked really hard earlier in the fight. Manny was smart looking for that punch again.

Comment

Working...
                      X