Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Andre Ward Winning Means More Boring Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Andre Ward Winning Means More Boring Fights!

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - While many insiders and fans have said that WBA/WBO/IBF light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-0) hasn't fought anyone close to the level of his opponent this Saturday in Andre Ward (30-0), Kovalev doesn't believe that the Oakland native has fought anyone of his caliber either.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Andre Ward winning means we might see a Stevenson fight for the lineal title @ 175 considering hes proven to want to challenge himself, Sergey on the other hand might just get his first legit win in the later part of his career you know another GGG euro-clone like Beterbiev that want to claim greatness at 30+ years of age...tell you the truth Kovalev looks like a 40+ Y/O....But Ward been did that.

Comment

It means he just beat you..

Comment

There are a couple reasons why I disagree with this. 1) It's not like Kov retires if he loses. Those fans can still watch you. 2) Ward vs. Stevenson could happen. If that same excitement doesn't carry over, then the criticism of Ward goes beyond boxing styles. 3) No one was saying Ward was boring when he was beating their favorite fighters at 168. Other excuses were being used, but boring his opponent to death isn't why he won those fights.

People dislike Ward regardless of how this fight goes, but as an American, I'm going for him. He has a great story and fights with great skill. Also, he is one of the few authentic guys out there, in my opinion. I like Kov as well and will continue to watch him mix it up no matter how this fight goes. Great fighters make great matches. I'm salivating at this one!!

Comment

andre ward winning means he could adjust to his opponent and the opponent couldnt adjust to him or impose their will

thread/

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
            It means he just beat you..
            This^^^^^

Kovalev can still give his "entertaining" fights to the fans. He'll just be introduced before the fights with a 1 in the loss column.

Comment

1 side talking a whole lot. Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                This^^^^^

Kovalev can still give his "entertaining" fights to the fans. He'll just be introduced before the fights with a 1 in the loss column.
                Loooool exactly.... he'll also be introduced as a former unified champ too.

Comment

Kov is already mentally caved in...he is indirectly admitting defeat..he will still a great fighter after this match, probably better after Ward gives him a few pointers during the clinic.

Comment

Kovalevhas spent a lot of time trying to convince himself it seems haha

Comment

Working...
                    X