Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barker also doesn't want any piece of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Gilfoid is a known liar who does nothing but continually trash British fighters & make stuff up though Barker said he is open to the idea of fighting GGG, Hearn would rather Geale and who could blame him?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Scott Gilfoid is a known liar who does nothing but continually trash British fighters & make stuff up though Barker said he is open to the idea of fighting GGG, Hearn would rather Geale and who could blame him?
      "Scott Gilfoid" does not even exist.

It's a pen name used by David Rosenberg, the owner of ESB and boxingnews24.

Comment

Barker gets far bigger and better money facing Macklin, an ancient Sam Soliman (looking to cash out in style) or Geale sometime in the late summer and a far better chance of landing a belt...

.. so despite the phoney/baloney journalism, somewhat ironically this is probably a fairly accurate analysis of where Eddie Hearn's clever head is at.

Golvokin's big problem is that he's more feared than a dose of the Bubonic Plague right now and that there are loads of profitable MW match-ups out there which freeze him out of the equation. For example:

Geale v Soliman
        Barker v Macklin
        Chavez v Martinez 2

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
            Source: bn24

By Scott Gilfoid: Matchroom Sport promoter Eddie Hearn doesn’t like the idea of his fighter middleweight contender Darren Barker (24-1, 15 KO’s) facing WBA World middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (25-0, 22 KO’s) for his title unless there’s absolutely no other options available for the 30-year-old Barker to fight for a world title in 2013.

Presently, Hearn believes there’s a chance for Barker to fight either IBF champion Daniel Geale or WBO champ Peter Quillin for their titles, so it won’t be necessary for Barker to fight Golovkin.

Hearn told thaboxingvoice.com “There’s no value in a fight against Golovkin. It’s not a huge fight…If that’s the only world championship fight presenting itself then we’ll take it.”

Hearn sees Golovkin as being too strong and too dangerous for Barker to take that fight, and that’s why he’s not particularly excited about making the fight happen.

First off, I don’t know that Quillin and/or Geale are going to come beating down Hearns’ door to try and get Barker for one of their title defenses because there’s no real upside to them fighting Barker. He’s not a popular fighter in the United States, and looked awful when he was given a shot against Sergio Martinez in 2011.

Barker has fought only once since then, beating British fighter Kerry Hope by 4th round TKO last December.

Besides Quillen and Geale, Hearn would like to match Barker against Matthew Macklin, Brian Vera or Sergio Mora. I think Vera or Mora are realistic options for Barker, but Geale, Quillin and Macklin are definitely not doable fights because they have other targets they’re looking at.

Macklin could fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. this year, and he’s been calling out Geale. Macklin isn’t likely going to want to accept a smaller fight against Barker if he has a chance at getting a bigger money fight.

Barker has a fight scheduled next month on March 9th at the Wembley Arena, Wembley, in London, United Kingdom. Hearn still hasn’t found anyone to fill that date, which probably means he’s going to wind up facing an unknown domestic level fodder opponent.

I'm confused, you said Barker didn't want any of Golovkin but I don't see any comments from Barker. I saw comments from Hearn, including one that said they would take a Golovkin fight......is this a troll thread?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I'm confused, you said Barker didn't want any of Golovkin but I don't see any comments from Barker. I saw comments from Hearn, including one that said they would take a Golovkin fight......is this a troll thread?
              Yes it is. I wrote this article myself.

Comment

Lol, Baker's promoter would actually say he sees GGG been too strong for his own fighter lol yea right..Nobody wants none.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Lol, Baker's promoter would actually say he sees GGG been too strong for his own fighter lol yea right..Nobody wants none.
                  If you'd read the article exactly you would know that Hearn didn't say that. It was the author. And as stupid Scott might be, you can't say that what Hearn said doesn't fit in to some most recently known blueprint..

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
                    Barker gets far bigger and better money facing Macklin, an ancient Sam Soliman (looking to cash out in style) or Geale sometime in the late summer and a far better chance of landing a belt...

.. so despite the phoney/baloney journalism, somewhat ironically this is probably a fairly accurate analysis of where Eddie Hearn's clever head is at.

Golvokin's big problem is that he's more feared than a dose of the Bubonic Plague right now and that there are loads of profitable MW match-ups out there which freeze him out of the equation. For example:

Geale v Soliman
                    Barker v Macklin
                    Chavez v Martinez 2
                    Yeah, I think Scott Giford is an incredibly bad writer and am really surprised anyone would link to his POS website. But of course I'd expect Barker to be more keen on facing Geale and Quillin than GG, who clearly seem to be a level above either.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                      Yes it is. I wrote this article myself.
                      Lol, do you work for ************? If so, you're shit. No offense

Comment

Working...
                      X