No announcement yet.

Greatest Draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Draw?

This is something that doesn't get talked about much, but throughout history, there has to be some give and take fights that correctly ended in a draw, but I can't think of any besides the Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight.

Are there any great draws, and has there ever been a fight of the year that ended in a draw?

Winky Wright-Jermain Taylor
    I had Taylor winning by 2 but see no problem with the draw, manny people cry robbery but i don't feel that way

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
      I had Taylor winning by 2 but see no problem with the draw, manny people cry robbery but i don't feel that way
      I had it even. I thought Wright had more "clear" rounds than Taylor but ended up with a card of 114-114..

Comment

Jim Corbett vs Peter Jackson, San Francisco, 1891
        61 rounds

Comment

The first fight between Micheal Brodie and In-Jin Chi was an absolutely brutal draw. Brodie really gave it his all in this fight.

Comment

Lennox vs Evander 1st fight..

j.k.

Comment

Leonard vs Hearns 2 was a good fight that ended in a draw, albeit disputed.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Leonard vs Hearns 2 was a good fight that ended in a draw, albeit disputed.

Certainly greater than just a good fight,it was an absolute war throughout.Even though Leonard's chin was slipping at this point in his career,he took so many hard clean shots from Hearns that would have knocked out most fighters at that weight class,and Hearns showed great heart after being badly hurt by Leonard many times throughout the fight.

Leonard made the fight alot more difficult than it should have been.Hearns at that point had alot more in the tank that Leonard but he didn't have the same legs as he had when they first fought.Every time Leonard put together his punches and stepped inside,away from Hearns's range,he had Hearns in trouble and could hurt him rather easily,but he waited too long and wasn't consistent enough and any time you are within Hearns's range then you're out of your depth.

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
                  Certainly greater than just a good fight,it was an absolute war throughout.Even though Leonard's chin was slipping at this point in his career,he took so many hard clean shots from Hearns that would have knocked out most fighters at that weight class,and Hearns showed great heart after being badly hurt by Leonard many times throughout the fight.

Leonard made the fight alot more difficult than it should have been.Hearns at that point had alot more in the tank that Leonard but he didn't have the same legs as he had when they first fought.Every time Leonard put together his punches and stepped inside,away from Hearns's range,he had Hearns in trouble and could hurt him rather easily,but he waited too long and wasn't consistent enough and any time you are within Hearns's range then you're out of your depth.
                  Yeah, I understated about how good the fight was, it was a war. A little ironic that Leonard took the fight because he thought Hearns was shot but he ended up looking like the more shopworn fighter in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
                    Yeah, that was great. I had it the opposite to you though with Wright winning it by a couple of points.

Comment

Working...
                    X