No announcement yet.

Manny Roman wins and seeks Brian Viloria

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Roman wins and seeks Brian Viloria

LOS ANGELES, CA (November 22, 2008) Friday night in front of a sold out crowd of 1,100 at the Quiet Cannon Country Club in Montebello, flyweight contender Manny Roman overcame a first round knockdown to work towards an eight round unanimous decision win over Jose Luis Cardenas by scores of 77-74 twice and 76-75.

“Cardenas was tough throughout the whole fight. In the later rounds I thought I might be able to finish him, but he proved too tough for that. It was a good shot he hit me with in the first that knocked me down but I was able to control the tempo from that point on” said Roman who stayed undefeated and improved his record to 14-0-1 (5KO’s). The bout was a rematch of a four round decision win by
    Roman in April 2006.

With the win, the 20 year old Roman is looking toward a Southern California showdown with former world champion Brian Viloria.

"That’s the fight we want” said manager Frank Espinoza. “I really liked what I saw from Manny in this fight .We’ve talked about him being more aggressive and using tighter combinations and I saw a lot of that tonight.”

Continued Espinoza, “I’d like to make the fight with Viloria, he’s a former world champion with more ring experience that Manny, but I think we’re ready. It would be a terrific fight in Southern California early next year.”

Roman is currently worked ranked #9 in the World Boxing Council rankings.

Working...
X