Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Highest Payday ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that site has sum very intersting stuff guys check it out heres an example :

It's not known when Liddell's current contract comes up for renewal, but it's clear that he is due for a huge raise whenever it does expire. In the meantime, Liddell can be consoled by the fact that earlier this year he signed the biggest endorsement contract in the history of MMA in the United States. As previously reported by MMAWeekly, Liddell's multi-year deal with the nutritional supplement company Xyience is a seven-figure deal. The total amount of over $1 million is spread out over the life of the contract (not all paid to him at once, or even in one year), but it's still the biggest sponsorship deal that any MMA fighter has ever gotten in the United States.

Comment

heres another link UFC, KOTC, AND K-1 SALARY BREAKDOWN :http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...d=409&zoneid=3

Comment

nvm mind when i said the lowest paid mma fighter got only 1,500 heres sumthing to llook at

King of the Cage 52: Mortal Sin Fighter Salaries

Event took place on May 7, 2005

-Eric Pele: $3,500 ($2,000 for fighting; $1,500 win bonus)

-Urijah Faber: $2,000 ($1,000 for fighting; $1,000 win bonus)

-Marvin Eastman: $1,500 ($1,500 for fighting; win bonus would have been $1,000)

-Jason Lambert: $1,500 ($1,000 for fighting; $500 win bonus)

-Bobby Hoffman: $1,000 ($1,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $1,000)

-Hiroyuki Abe: $1,000 ($1,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $0)

-Joe Frainee: $750 ($500 for fighting; $250 win bonus)

-Hector Ramirez: $750 ($500 for fighting; $250 win bonus)

-Manny Tapia: $750 ($500 for fighting; $250 win bonus)

-Fernando Gonzalez: $700 ($700 for fighting; win bonus would have been $300)

-Dave Terrell: $600 ($400 for fighting; $200 win bonus)

-Miguel Gutierrez: $600 ($300 for fighting; $300 win bonus)

-Frankie Bollinger: $500 ($500 for fighting, win bonus would have been $0)

-Richard Goodman: $500 ($500 for fighting, win bonus would have been $0)

-Ray Perales: $500 ($500 for fighting; win bonus would have been $250)

-Kendall Groves: $400 ($400 for fighting, win bonus would have been $200)

Total Fighter Payroll: $16,550 (average of $1,034 per fighter)

i cant belve Kendall Grove got only 400 haha thats fukin halarious

Comment

Originally posted by lillb View Post
          oo k thanks for that ^^ ...but check this bull**** out :
          http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...d=521&zoneid=1

yeah its from 2 years ago but i dont think anything has changed for the pay days.
          Well, the UFC payday structure has changed. In PRIDE there was different penalties that the refs could give to the fighters if they were way too gun shy. One of the means was the Yellow and Red cards. Those cards would dock the fighters' pay by 10%, then 25%, and more; until they stop turning the fight into a borefest. That system is illegal to do in the United States, and many refs have refused to take food from these fighters' mouths. So the UFC restructured their pay to encourage the fighters to be aggressive, but without penalizing their pocket book.

So, each fighter gets a base salary, which by all standards is really cheap considering the amount and cost of training most fighters' put into the fight. The trick here is that the majority of your pay comes from how exciting your fight is, not that you just fought. So it is similar to the yellow and red cards in Pride, in that it encourages the fighters to be exciting, but it's the legal way of doing it.

Besides the 1st UFC fight base salary of $3,000 and an additional $3,000 for a win; the minimum amount I've heard of a beginning UFC fighter get paid per advertisement is $1,500 per two inch patch on a visible section on his clothes during the after fight interview. Then you add in a best fight bonus of $30,000-$60,000, a best Sub bonus of $15,000-$40,000, or a best knockout bonus of $25,000-$45,000, then you have some pretty hefty paydays coming to a fighters' way. Not to mention that runner up bonuses can be given in each category that range from $10,000-$45,000 for the fighter. And then there is the business that's generated off of promoting personal gyms/websites/gear.

All in all, a fighters' first fight in the UFC can generate him as little as $3,000 to $100,000 + (if he gets fight of the night and sub/ko of the night as well).

The UFC doesn't pay their top talent nearly as much as the big names in boxing, but rising talent in the UFC definitely has the potential to get paid really well.

Comment

but some times there arent any bonuses ... or is the UFC keepin it a secret or something

Comment

that cud explain the only fighter i know that is realli bitchen bout da pay days is Tito lol

Comment

that cud explain the only fighter i know that is realli bitchen bout da pay days is Tito lol
                Tito makes close to a quarter million in base per fight, bonuses don't mean that much to him at that point. Tito complaining about things is what keeps him in the press and that's what keeps his name in the limelight. And in the end, him complaining generates attention to himself, which in turn puts more people in their seats, which in turn puts more zeros in his paycheck.

Comment

but some times there arent any bonuses ... or is the UFC keepin it a secret or something
                  When there are no bonuses, then there is still the base + whether you win or not + the sponsors + free personal advertising= Not that bad of a situation unless the fighter has zero skill with fighting and money, then he needs to look for a new job; one that doesn't require a mild amount of intellect to pull in a salary.

BTW, there will always be bonuses given unless the UFC tanks. Dana White no doubt reports and pays the tax from all the bonus privately to the IRS. I can't envision such an intelligent business man such as Dana White trying to pull the curtain over the IRS on the bonuses he gives his fighters. Besides, I seriously doubt his majority shareholders would allow him to screw up the business that they also invested money into.
                  Last edited by FluugMacMan; 08-15-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

r fukin kidding me wut the fuk r u smoking
                    I'm not smoking **** man, 200 grand for a first fight is totally ridiculous.
                    End of..

Comment

lol yeah ok

Comment

Working...
                      X