Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Vasyl Lomachenko (who is the more powerful puncher pound for pound)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    I think you're naive and an idiot that needs to take a break for some retraining.

Lomachenko aint fought anybody DUDE. He also lost to Salido. You can't compare shít about shít with these two fighters.

People need to stop talking about Lomachenko like he's some fůcking god. When he stops fighting cans and gets some names under his belt he doesn't tower over we can discuss something.
    Okay, then name me one boxer that has / had a better resume in just 10 bouts compared to Vasyl Lomachenko. I'll wait!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I went with both even both very average in the power department.
      If forced to go with just one I'd maybe give the edge to Ward, I've seen him stun and hurt better fighters bigger than himself with single shots.
      I can only really recall Loma badly hurting a shopworn Martinez who was a very poor beltholder apart from that more stoppages because they're so outclassed really.
      that's really a pretty left hook there by curry in your pick remember that fight we had just gotton HBO

Comment

Who's man is this? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          You have to count when Ward starting fighting ranked fighter not bums. Lomachenko could have 8 Ko's in row had he fought his first 8 fights against Journey Man. He started to fight ranked fighter from fight one. Most fighters get most of their KO's when they first start out by fighting limited opposition
          Loma already had 6 fights before turning pro that weren't counted.

The guy is going to turn 30 years old in just 4 months and has fought nobody worth noting. Already has a loss too.

By 28 Ward already had Kessler, Abraham, Froch, Dawson, all in their primes on his resume.

And don't even try to compare their divisions, the 168 that Ward conquered is LIGHT YEARS ahead of these weight classes Loma fights at.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            Okay, then name me one boxer that has / had a better resume in just 10 bouts compared to Vasyl Lomachenko. I'll wait!
            Nobody, because his pro debut is a very unique thing Arum is trying to capitalize on and I think we can only draw from a pool of three fighters in HISTORY. That's an unfair/loaded request.

Turning pro 25 years old is 7-9 years late. Arum is pushing him to make up for lost time.

If you want to bump that 10 to 11 I got Rigondeaux for you and he's undefeated. In his 11th fight was Donaire who he ruined. Beat better fighters in that time frame too.

The only other guy Arum pushed like this is Zou Shiming who just got stopped.

Nice try on the loaded question. Won't work on me though.

Lomachenko is hype --- lost to Salido. By the time Salido had 23 fights he was 14-7-2 lmao.

Some dude Leonardo Valdez knocked Salido out COLD in is pro debut when Salido was 24-9-2 in a 8 rounder!

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/351870

Salido is a BUM.

Comment

Neither are power punchers

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Loma already had 6 fights before turning pro that weren't counted.

The guy is going to turn 30 years old in just 4 months and has fought nobody worth noting. Already has a loss too.

By 28 Ward already had Kessler, Abraham, Froch, Dawson, all in their primes on his resume.

And don't even try to compare their divisions, the 168 that Ward conquered is LIGHT YEARS ahead of these weight classes Loma fights at.
                he beat russel who went on to beat the #1 guy a couple fights later. he beat walters who destroyed donaire who is rigos only good win. you count zombie dawson but not lomas wins? i have to say you are in "make no sense" mode.

168 was considered dead. the best at that time were kessler who had just lost, and froch who was schooled against taylor. what amazing talent. thats the whole reason they had the super six. to liven it up. all those guys fought each other and suddenly its an amazing division. before that it was considered crap. if a bunch of crappy fighters all fight each other and one comes out on top hes amazing? i guess so according to you. low standards for ward. incredibly high standards for people you hate. also arent you one of those slick lovers? what slick fighters did ward fight may i ask? walters and russell are far more advanced than kessler and froch. guys you typically hate on for being slow and lumbering but if ward beat them OH HOW AMAZING LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
                Last edited by daggum; 10-24-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

andre ward or loma...which fighter aint lost a fight in 15+ years?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he beat russel who went on to beat the #1 guy a couple fights later. he beat walters who destroyed donaire who is rigos only good win. you count zombie dawson but not lomas wins? i have to say you are in "make no sense" mode.

168 was considered dead. the best at that time were kessler who had just lost, and froch who was schooled against taylor. what amazing talent. thats the whole reason they had the super six. to liven it up. all those guys fought each other and suddenly its an amazing division. before that it was considered crap. if a bunch of crappy fighters all fight each other and one comes out on top hes amazing? i guess so according to you. low standards for ward. incredibly high standards for people you hate. also arent you one of those slick lovers? what slick fighters did ward fight may i ask? walters and russell are far more advanced than kessler and froch. guys you typically hate on for being slow and lumbering but if ward beat them OH HOW AMAZING LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
                    Russel was a laughing stock on these forums for years, known as "TBA". Before he fought Loma it was "Haha GRJ sucks" and after it was "Oh, GRJ is a great fighter". He beat Gonzalez who already had a numerous losses.

Walters couldn't even carry his power up 1 division against Sosa and Sosa has been stopped before!

These lower weight classes aren't nearly as good as these higher weight classes because everybody and their mama is constantly changing weights. There is no stability when you have guys moving up 1, 2, 3, 4 divisions everything gets spread out. Nor is it nearly as hard to move up at these lower weights, Broner is a ****ing 4 weight champion, Broner!

At 168 you had champions from 160, 168, contenders, and some of the hottest prospects in boxing.

These lower weight classes are also far safer to fight at, how many times did we see Salido tee off on Loma? Can you imagine if Salido actually had power? You think you can let a guy like Kovalev, Barrera, Froch, Abraham, etc hit you that many times and still be awake?
                    Last edited by Cutthroat; 10-24-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                      I didn't answer your question directly because you used the 'begging the question' logical fallacy. In other words, you assumed the answer (assumed that I am someone from one of the ex Soviet Bloc countries) without first asking me if I am. If you first asked me if I was from there and if I were to respond by stating yes. Then it'd be appropriate for you to ask me about my location.

Anyway, I'm not from there. Nor do I live there. Nor have I married someone from there. Nor have I been to all of those places. So hopefully this answers your question!
                      Fair enough. I see your little Ward bashing campaign but long may it continue. Bad press is better than no press.

Comment

Working...
                      X