Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is GGG-Canelo perceived as a close matchup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's perceived as a close fight because of how the diva demolished Paul Smith, did you guys see how she took care of him? I mean how will lil g be able to compete with the Smith destroyer?

Comment

It's interesting because we've never seen either one of these guys truly hurt. And they both have the power and skills to do it

Comment

I'm not sure it will be a "close fight." But I do think it will be a competitive one while it lasts. I don't think the style matchup favors Canelo in the least, but I do think Glolovkin is getting old fast, and this could make things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'll go all in on my epoints on that bet.
          We'll see closer to fight time.

Comment

I pick Canelo to outbox him 8-4. I'm not a fan of either but I see better fundamentals from Canelo.

Comment

Alvarez has the style and skill to make things difficult for Golovkin, and Golovkin has the jab and style to make things difficult for Alvarez.

On paper it looks like a tough matchup either way. That's why it's so hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
                Canelo will beat GGG.
                First she has to stop coming up with reasons not to fight him doe.

Comment

did you see ggg's last fight? hes done. why do you think hes not fighting saunders? hes turned into amir "big fight or nothing" khan

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    It's perceived as a close fight because of how the diva demolished Paul Smith, did you guys see how she took care of him? I mean how will lil g be able to compete with the Smith destroyer?
                    Make the bet you puzzy...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Canelo's nickname could be Tank. A tweener my a$$. He's gonna love that 164.5 weight division he just created for his next fight. And I'll predict he comes in at 162.5 or max weight for the JCC Jr fight with a giant smile & a full belly.

But I think its a competitive fight purely on the basis of them being hands down the best two guys at 160. I think most divisions top two guys would make for competitive fights. I think Canelo wins doe (& I've been saying that before these Benedict Arnold fairweather mfers who done flipped on GGG post-Brook & post-Jacobs).
                      Why would he create a new division? Alvarez has never fought a '155' title bout. Guys like Angulo, Lara, and Kirkland obliged since they had revelance to the game. a pound! Does that mean Kirkland, Angulo or Lara are Middlweights too because they fought there?

I can't see any 168 current champ even fancying a bout with Alvarez below 168 even thought anything above 160 is a Super Middleweight bout, including 161 correct? Technically, correct? Wasn't 164 technically a Super Middleweight bout against Ward? a ''weight made up'' because Golovkin can do that to previous 168 king?

Relax. it's only a catch because it's Chavez Jr.'s last chance to prove any narrative on ''pushing the limit.'' They owe a lot to GBP for making this fight. Lots of money and recognition done again.

Comment

Working...
                      X