No announcement yet.

Serious question for many GGG 'haters'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Anybody that's a hater of one fighter is a fanboy of another. If I live to a 1000 I will never get it, there is almost always something I like about ALL world class fighters. PED cheats is the exception.
    I agree with you John...even PED cheats seem to have their bad deeds forgotten by most and are forgiven by the fans...I don't really understand the blind hate some fighters get on here...I guess you could say I am a 'fan' of GGG...but even then how can I hate on Canelo...they had two good fights...if Canelo sucks then GGG can't be that far behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      great post, serg isnt a bad fight imo, but there are better fights available, and one expected ggg to go after one of those fights especially after fighting someone like rolls...
      after serg lost to jacobs literally no one was asking ggg or canelo to take that fight... only dumb ibf...
      Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      The only logical choice for GGG is Derevyanchenko.

He costs less than everyone else mentioned and the fight is for a real title Canelo doesn’t have.

Jacobs makes the least sense because there isn’t a title involved, he’s tough to beat and he demands more money than SD.

Charlo makes the second to least sense. If GGG beats him he wins a title that Canelo already has. Many people will consider Canelo the true wbc champ. There won’t be public pressure to unify the two wbc titles. It’s like the wbc silver belt. Plus he demands more money than SD and the PBc is involved which makes it hard.

Andrade is Andrade. No one wants to fight that guy and he demands more money than SD because he has a belt. If GGG has the IBF, negations favor GGG in an Andrade-GGG showdown. Right now they favor Andrade.
      I never really thought of that before...but it's actually a really good point...Charlo has no real belt and it's not like being the mandatory will force Canelo's hand anyway.

And winning the belt against Dervy would give GGG more leverage in Andrade and/or Canelo negotiations...good post...though I would rather see GGG at 168 if he beats Dervy and looks good doing so...if he looks bad he should retire or cash out with Canelo.

I think GGG has more upside legacy wise with a fight at 168 right now

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        I would like to see GGG at 168 as well...I disagree with your Ward take...yeah if Dervy has a lot of success against GGG I think the end is near for him...after Dervy's last fight with Culcay, if GGG has something left, he should put Dervy out imo.
        I actually find Culcay’s style to be a problem for a lot of fighters. He got a chin and some pop that got fighters respecting him at a distance, but more importantly is defense is rather good considering Culcay isn’t a big name nor did I follow him before Andrade. That being said, if Charlie went 12 with Trout or one with Korobov, I’d bet Culcay too would go the distance on close cards with Jermall. Let’s see what Sergey brings on Saturday. I wouldn’t put the Culcay vs Sergey bout a measure for GGG. I thought he looks sloppy against Rolls

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
          I actually find Culcay’s style to be a problem for a lot of fighters. He got a chin and some pop that got fighters respecting him at a distance, but more importantly is defense is rather good considering Culcay isn’t a big name nor did I follow him before Andrade. That being said, if Charlie went 12 with Trout or one with Korobov, I’d bet Culcay too would go the distance on close cards with Jermall. Let’s see what Sergey brings on Saturday. I wouldn’t put the Culcay vs Sergey bout a measure for GGG. I thought he looks sloppy against Rolls
          Yeah I think Culcay is a pretty good example of a guy that is a better fighter than he gets credit for on the cards...I actually thought he beat Dervy in a close fight so that is part of the reason why I would expect GGG to get it done against Dervy...he has seemed to make a career out of dominating guys like that and getting them out of there.

Yeah I thought he looked OK against Rolls...trying out the new stuff with Banks probably slowed him down in some ways imo...I think he probably felt what Rolls had early and wanted to get him to open up so he could throw back...but yeah idk...should be a good enough fight if Dervy comes to fight...should be some good action.

Comment

Yeah I think Culcay is a pretty good example of a guy that is a better fighter than he gets credit for on the cards...I actually thought he beat Dervy in a close fight so that is part of the reason why I would expect GGG to get it done against Dervy...he has seemed to make a career out of dominating guys like that and getting them out of there.

Yeah I thought he looked OK against Rolls...trying out the new stuff with Banks probably slowed him down in some ways imo...I think he probably felt what Rolls had early and wanted to get him to open up so he could throw back...but yeah idk...should be a good enough fight if Dervy comes to fight...should be some good action.
            I thought ggg was fighting this Saturday..

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
              I thought ggg was fighting this Saturday..
              I think it is October 5th

Comment

So GGG gets slighted by many on here for wanting a fight (and a rematch after two competitive/controversial fights) with the consensus best (outside of GGG imo) MW in the world...and when that fight doesn't come he decides to take on a guy pretty clearly ranked in the top 5 (Dervy would probably be number 4 imo... below Andrade but ahead of Charlo if I had to rank them right now).

But for some, GGG should have fought the guy ranked 3rd or 5th instead...they say GGG is 'ducking' these guys...they say that Charlo, for example, really wants the GGG fight, and that GGG not fighting him, and choosing to fight Dervy, constitutes a duck and they want to slight GGG for that.

Charlo goes on to fight Brandon Adams and Dennis Hogan...Dennis Hogan being a career 154 pound fighter and Brandon Adams the same guy they were ready to kill GGG for when GGG was rumored to fight him.

So to break it down - when GGG wants to fight the top guy, and the top guy doesn't want it...and GGG decides to fight the number 4 guy instead...somehow the top guy doesn't get any real blame, in part because he is rumored to be facing a quality opponent, yet GGG is still given criticism here.

When Charlo 'wants' (for the record I don't really think Charlo or GGG 'wants' that fight...low reward and fairly high risk to both - especially considering other options) to fight the top guy (in GGG), and the fight doesn't happen, and Charlo decides to fight a literal 'who'...no one gives Charlo any real criticism for that.

So when you want to fight a top guy and the fight doesn't happen...and you instead fight the number 4 guy...then you receive criticism.

But when you 'want' to fight a top guy and the fight doesn't happen...and you instead fight maybe the number 10 guy from the previous weight class...somehow you are good?

Andrade has more of a case imo after fighting Sulecki...but no one should really give him a pass either if he doesn't fight someone good in his next fight...and again...why don't Charlo and Andrade fight each other?? Lol....seems like it would solve the case of them both needing a good opponent.

The truth of course is that Charlo Andrade and GGG would all fight each other...and would all be competitive fights in some ways if they fought...those fights are rather high risk and low reward for all participants...they all want the Canelo payday but Canelo as the cash king has other options always, and is looking in other directions.

To act like any of those guys/their teams really want to mix it up right now is silly imo...and maybe some in reading this thread will realize they are not really keeping it real with their critiques...we can all root for who we want and have our own opinions.

But when some have vastly different takes on very similar situations, it is just not a good look...and we shouldn't really present our opinions on here as if they were factual...just doesn't lead to productive discussions.
                Ya Charlo will fight ANYONE

https://youtu.be/iRw7EZUZ8QE

Comment

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
                  Ya Charlo will fight ANYONE

https://youtu.be/iRw7EZUZ8QE
                  My 2 cents is for 1 million neither one would do that fight...for 10 million they both would...just comes down to money

Comment

Trying to use logic & reason on fanboys or haters is a waste of time. They get their answers from their love or hate of that specific fighter & logic & reason play no part in finding or changing that answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Trying to use logic & reason on fanboys or haters is a waste of time. They get their answers from their love or hate of that specific fighter & logic & reason play no part in finding or changing that answer.
                      Good post as usual man....

Comment

Working...
                      X